Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail . . .

Central IL Egger
Central IL Egger Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Will stop me from my appointed cook, next time I pop up the newest addition to the Egg family when the weather turns nasty.
These are built stout, just like everything else associated with the BGE's. I bet the sucker weighs 60-70 Lbs when it's all bagged up for transport!
IMG_2619.jpg

Can't wait to pop it up at the first tail-gating opportunity!

IMG_2622.jpg

Comments

• Is that a 10X10 or 12X12 and did the sides come with it? Ironic, I just got back from looking at some Easy ups for Eggfest. :laugh:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Mark - I'm J E A L O U S !!!

That's sooooo cool!

As for you and Steve ALSO being stout - I just thought your parents designed you guys so you wouldn't have to carry rocks in your pockets on windy days!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    A BGE dealer gave me one of those, and we had it out one night for a Mardi Gras party... The next day we got 8" of snow in Athens (GEORGIA!) my tent collapsed under the weight :pinch: All I have left are 3 sides... not sure what to do with them, but not going to throw them away.... Maybe table cloths in Atlanta?

chris
    go dawgs
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    nice old stamped metal lawn chairs in the back there, too.

my wife is sick of me buying the old metal stuff from the 30s and 40s. hahaaha

probably a dozen here in different states of finish
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Jeff - noticed those as well - my late Father was an honest to God blacksmith in the 30's & 40's and early 50's. He sold his shop in Iowa in '51 and we moved to MO to start a new life. He gained employment as THE company blacksmith (only one amongst maybe 2,000 employees) and not as a welder etc...in the early 50's he got the assignment of rehabbing 80 or 100 of those stamped metal chairs out of gawd knows how many. He was able to salvage about 75 and then from the scrap heap he salvaged pieces and parts that I grew up with for 6 chairs! What a flash back!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    We got em sittin around EVERYWHERE! :)
  • Funny comments on the chairs, our family isn't built for the flimsy stuff... Those aluminum folding chairs stopped coming around our ways quite a few years ago. They didn't stand much of a chance.
  • Forgot to mention on of our Dad's tricks when it came to those chairs.
    Growing up that was about the only kind of chairs we had on our farm. As the chairs slowly wore out (and we got bigger?) the metal would start to sag making your rear end sink closer to the ground, our Dad would put metal braces under the arms, right at the seat to reinforce them and keep the chair from bouncing. He called them the "LOAD LEVELERS".