Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SPECIAL FLORIDA EGGFEST ANNOUNCEMENT!

Options
bubba tim
bubba tim Posts: 3,216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Florida Eggfest is alive and well FOR 2010! After many many years of hosting the Florida Eggfest, Tonia and Larry have pass the torch. I wanted to take this time to give a big Thank you for all the effort, money, and time that you and your team put forth.

I have been asked and I have accepted, to head up next years Eggfest in Florida. Pork Butt Mike and I have gathered a team of folks that will pool their strengths to make this fest a truly memorable event. We are exploring three different sites and we will be announcing the details the first week of Nov. The dates of the fest look to be April 16th and 17th 2010. Mike and I would like to ask some questions and take a poll of sorts. Please help.

What would you like to see as door prizes for the cooks at an Eggfest?

Example:

Small Eggs (or other sizes)
Plate setter
Pizza stone
Third Hand

Would you like to see a Ceramic Chef competition?
Prizes to include a trophy and an egg?
There would be a charge of $100 to compete and be limited to 5 cooks.

Would you like to see a cooking demo?

an egg setup demo?
There are many eggers that don’t know the hundreds of setup options that can be done on an egg.

The fest will be designed and hosted with one thought in mind…..BEFE (beefee) By Eggers, For Eggers….

If you would like to send us your comments in private, please email directly @ bubba@bubbatim.com with BEFE in the subject line.

Thanks in advance for your help…..
SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    That is great news :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Please let me know what kay and I can do to help.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Thanks to Tonia & Larry for great fests...and to Tim, Mike and the team for stepping up for the challenge of hosting a fest...we look forward to hearing the details... :silly: :lol:
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Thanks Jim & Kay for your offer, I added you to the list, and if anyone else like to help out we Thank You. It would be maybe a hour of your time we could use your help. Contact me if interested so I can put you on our list.

Thanks For Any Help You can give.

Mike
  • Double Bogey
    Double Bogey Posts: 635
    Options
    This is great news. Vickie and I have always looked forward to this as as the perfect way to kick off the Eggfest Season.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I know you are going to have a blast. We have been able to attend because the fest historically falls on our spring break for school. This year those dates are (Saturdays) March 13 and 20th. An April fest may not be in our plans, but you will get all of our support and and help you may need.
  • FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    Options
    My only request would to have it in a somewhat central location, somewhat like where it was in Ocala.

The setup demo sounds like a great idea.

Door prizes are always great.

While I've no experience with eggfests, I do have a lot with Highland Games, (I could egg in a kilt?) if I can help in someway I would be glad to, especially after I make my move soon to central FL.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Thanks for the offer Ron I will put you on our list as a helper. When you get moved down here you can contact me and we can go from there.

Thanks

Mike
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    This is over the top wonderful news!!! the Ocala fest was a wonderful experience and gave us many memories and high standards of what a fest is all about. from the people that do all the work behind the scenes to the people that attend!
    Tim and Mike please count Neil and I in as attendees and helpers of any kind that you need!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    I think it would be a good idea to have someone that would be avalable to help all the new Eggers that are purchasing new Eggs for the first time. I have talked to a lot of new Eggers at the last 3 fests and many did not cook because they did not know what to do.
    I feel that it is a great opportunity for them to learn and if they don't cook at the fest they have to go home and go it alone. I cooked at my first fest and with my first egg, this very nice Eggsperienced Egger (Barry) took me under his wing and got me going.
    So if we let them know that there would be someone assigned to help them plan their cook and help them at the fest I think it would encourage more first timers to cook.
    I would be glad to take someone in and help them.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I think I might be able to make it :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • mint-tulip
    mint-tulip Posts: 171
    Options
    Good luck on the Fla Fest. I know it will be a lot of work but unfortunately bad time to have it. End of tax season so the party will have to go on without the better half of the vidalia1 team...Nice whille it lasted :(
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Excellent idea Jim, I've given the BGE 101 course for newbies at many fests, but the hands on experience would be much better. -RP
  • bubba tim
    Options
    Randy, We would sure like it if you could do something for the Florida fest. You game?
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • BBQonJ
    BBQonJ Posts: 60
    Options
    We have always enjoyed the fest and all the great people we have met. Our appreication to the crew for past years efforts. Put us down to help out where needed as well.

Dave and Katie
  • bubba tim
    Options
    Ya think? :woohoo: :lol: :silly:
  • bubba tim
    Options
    Sorry Ginny, I wish we could have keeped the same dates. We should have some leverage for 2011 to move it back to mid March and keep the pricing low. I sent an email to Kim for a work-around. Still hope to see you guys. Maybe the Mini-fest this Aug?
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    We would love to come one year but that is Master's week.I was very sorry to hear about your Mom Tim.
    Larry
  • mint-tulip
    mint-tulip Posts: 171
    Options
    Sorry no can do...maybe if you do the mini fest next year but need lots of notice with our schedule. We will be at Waldorf next year so we can have a fest to look forward to after Eggtoberfest. Gotta get our fix somewhere :lol:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I would if I was coming but someone said your date was only a week away from the Oklahoma fest, that would make it tough. -RP