Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RE: Massages....oops!! I meant "Rubs"

Options
RLA
RLA Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Many of the "rubs" recipes call for paprika...and some have even called for Hungarian. I have Spanish...whats the difference?
And does it make any difference?
Bob

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    RLA,[p]I am not familiar with Spanish paprika. Hungarian (sweet) paprika has the flavor of paprika, but much less of the bite (as compared to the standard McCormicks brand paprika).[p]Yes, it does make a difference, but only a very minor one. Cook the recipe using your available ingredients, then adjust the amounts to your taste. We all do this as we all have differing tastes.[p]Spin
  • Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Options
    RLA,
    I read somewhere...I think it was Elder Ward's words, "Hungarian" was the way to go. But like Spin said, use what you have. You can always pick some of the other up and make another batch.

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    RLA,
    There is a difference. The stuff you normally get that is labeled just Paprika is little more than food coloring. If you like things spicy then get 'hot' Hungarian paprika. If on then get 'sweet' Hungarian. Another way is to use whatever you might have on hand and jazz it up with a little cayenne pepper.
    JimW