Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whatever's in the Cabinet Chicken

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight, ST and I will be using the World's Best Grill AND Smoker only as a grill. On the menu will be some "Whatever's in the Cabinet Chicken" and some Cheddar Cheese Burgers with the cheese on the inside of the burger. The chicken breasts are currently being brought to room temperature after having been rubbed with some Frenches yellow mustard and whatever I found in my kitchen spice cabinet (many things, including salt, black pepper, cayenne, all spice, garlic, and others). The design considerations this time were not to assemble the ultimate mix of flavors but rather to simply grab whatever was in there that seemed tasty at the time I spotted them. Said breasts will then be grilled at around 300 for around 30 minutes or until cooked.[p]The burgers will be salted and peppered and filled with a chunk-o-cheddar cheese then either grilled at 500 or seared at 1000 steak-style.[p]Creating simple pleasures with the BGE,
Cornfed

Comments

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Cornfed,
    Now I'm going to date my self, BUT, about 25 years ago in Lansing a restaurant used to serve a pocket burger. Cooked onion, mushrooms, shredded cheese inside a burger. To make it they used two thin patties of beef and put the fillings in the middle and seal the edges. They were absolutely righteous. You are recreating an old tradition. Keep up the good work.[p]MAC[p]

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    MAC,
    Yow. Wasn't that called a "patty melt?" Speaking of dating ones' self! :-O

• Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Cornfed,
    We will need a report later as to how this menu turns out. Did you keep a record as to what you put that chicken thru? You guys appear to be pioneers in eggland. Those burgers sound like something I want to try.
    Nu-Guy

• Lee2
    Lee2 Posts: 38
    Cornfed,
    We had whatever's-in-the-cabinet & fridge vegetables that would be good with your Chunk'O'Cheddar burgers and chicken. I choped a couple of stalks of broccoli, roasted red pepper, water chestnuts and sweet onion. Then I poured over 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar mixed with 1/2 c. safflower oil, Greek herbs and lots of lemon pepper and Egged the mixture for about 20 minutes. Good veggies.