Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where is Rock\'s BBQ?

Options
bcrawfo2
bcrawfo2 Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've seen he posts on here...maybe he'll respond.

I emailed a week and a half ago...I called a week ago...I ordered on Friday morning....no status or progress on my order by Tuesday night.
I'm almost mad at myself for giving him my money...but I want the ethernet connectivity in his product.

To clarify....I'm not trying to bad-mouth Rock. I can't get any response.
My early inquiries were "what is your shipping time?".
Was hoping that "Here's my money...please take it" would be enough.

Comments

• faithie999
    faithie999 Posts: 98
    Options
    i have the stoker and love it, but i have had similar poor experience with their email customer service. seems like a firm with such a good product would make good customer service job 1.
  • Chappy
    Chappy Posts: 198
    Options
    Forget about the email. Just call. Did the same thing.
  • Ex-Gasman
    Ex-Gasman Posts: 287
    Options
    Thats the reason I went with the Guru Digiq. Very poor customer service. I called and talked with him and he took my # and said he would call me back that afternoon. Been over a month ago and no call. Sounds like he needs someone to run his business.
  • EggMii
    EggMii Posts: 30
    Options
    Keep calling until he answers. I had the same experience with email & messages. But, having said that, I don't regret buying my Stoker one single bit!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I sure hate to see the posts like this but Rocky needs to do something better.

Loooong time ago it was easier just calling him. Looks like things are the same or a little worse.

He didn't have probes available when I ordered mine. Took about a week or so.

I rally like the Stoker tought. I have both the Stoker and DigiQII.

GG
  • Pickle
    Pickle Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm having the exact same issue. Ordered mine over 2 weeks ago. Called him twice over the past 2 weeks looking for tracking info. Each time was told that he would be shipping it today or tomorrow. Called him again this past Monday. Was told it would be shipped today or tomorrow again. I will be calling him this afternoon, and hopefully this time what he told me is accurate.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Not a good thread for Rock's BBQ. I had a similar experience when I had an issue with my blower. My original order went well but it was silent for a couple of weeks when I sent my blower back. When we talked, it mailed out that day. Never got anything back via email so that is a waste of time there. They really need to up the level of service. Great product though!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    John's been pretty good and stood behind his product in my dealings. I'm thinking he will get everyone squared away soon. He has a great product that has worked well for me.
  • bcrawfo2
    bcrawfo2 Posts: 85
    Options
    Success!!!!
    On my 3rd call he finally answered.
    Says he's got everything and he's shipping today.

He sounds like a nice guy....just frustrating.