Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O. T. La Tour

Options
milesofsmiles
milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Will age and expierance over come youth? Stay tuned. Who will heal soreness and aches and pains quicker? May expierance & age live on. Smiles out.

Comments

• milesofsmiles
    Options
    How DID that get over here? :ohmy: Smiles out
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i thought lance showed a lot of class with his statement after sunday's stage that he is now willing to play "domestique" in support of contador. ... still unbelievable though at 37 he is better than 185 other riders that started out 2 weeks ago. ... but if contador falters, he is ready to pounce at either the last time trial or on the penultimate stage up mt. ventaux an HC climb. ... .also two big climbs today. . . lets see what happens there. . ..but contador is only 24 and he has now proven that he is indeed a beast, and with lance and kloden riding in support of him, astana is a formmidable team (and don't ever forget that the tour is really all about team work) and he should have no troube staying out in front of the others unless he somehow falters. . .
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    All of that is true, But I remember Lance doing "domestique" duties while wearing the "yellow" P.Oed. the masses. Remember "The sick looking Lance" was a ruse. O the slyness of the elder folk. lol Maxxx stay cool. Smiles out to Versus b-4 work.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Lance is strong for being 37, but I'm not so sure he can even make the podium at this point. I would have loved to see him win, but even placing would pi$$ of the officals that didn't want him back. He is still remarkable and should be able to enter any event of his choosing.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Before reading any responses, I say there is no way Contador loses from this point unless he crashes. Lance is in strict support role from today to the finish. Nobody catches Contador except maybe Wiggins in the final time trial on Thursday.

And certainly no one will climb like Alberto on Saturday as they climb up to Mont Ventoux. Contador could end up winning by 3 or 4 minutes.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i agree with you rod. . .. he gave the whole gang the 'look' on sunday, and just blew them apart. .. .i don't see him faltering either. ..wiggins, the shleck brothers, sastre, even lance, are all fighting for second at this point. . .contador could be the 'boss' for the next 5 years or so if they keep that powerhouse team together behind him. . . .
  • Fidel
    Options
    Rumor is that Bruyneel and Armstrong are going to form a new team after the tour. Sponsored by Trek and Nike.

Who knows if Alberto will jump with them. Astana still has serious funding issues.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i heard that too....armstrong is really into the whole strategy thing and has said that he's willing to ride as a domestique as long as he can still be of value to the team and play a big part in the team strategy....would be cool to see. ...and money talks. .. they could certainly build a powerful team together. . .riders would flock to them. ...
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    Powerful celebs brings turmol. Smiles out.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    by the pack going up le-pettit st bernard. .. .looks like this may be it for him. ...he really is riding in support of alberto now .. ..
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    armstrong just surged back to the yellow jersey's group. ...he's not done yet!!
  • Gunnar
    Options
    Unbelievable.....
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    yep, he may make it interesting right through to mt. ventoux. .. .
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    Max, Ever heard the story of the old bull vs. the young bull? It's an off line story. Later Smiles.
  • Fidel
    Options
    What a climb to the summit by Lance. That dude has a serious motor.
  • Fidel
    Options
    He was showing the Schleck brothers that Astana is in charge.
  • Gunnar
    Options
    It's making it awfully hard to work with streaming video. You'd think I've been drinking coffee the way I'm bouncing in my seat. Although the wipeout was painful to watch.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i'm at a bit of disadvantage...i can't seem to get the streaming video, only the 60 second reports from the le-tour site....but i think you are right about 'schooling' the schleck brothers a little bit. . .and keeping the 'group' in the proper order going back down the mountain. .. .NO one will make a breakway the rest of the day today....remember that one year when he actually chased down that one guy and made him come back to the peloton (can't remember who it was, but the guy was completely shamed by lance into ending his breakaway and returning) ....
  • Fidel
    Options
    I'm watching live on Versus (satellite TV in the office). This is by far the most exciting stage of the tour in years.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    sounds like it!!. .. i can usually get at least a live radio feed off le-tour, don't know what my problem is today. ..oh well .. .looks like they are going to maintain status quo at the end of the day. . .astana holding things together. ...
  • Gunnar
    Options
    Can you usually get streaming video or do you need a link?
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i have the site for versus. .. .but what link do you have?...
  • Gunnar
    Options
    This page has a couple of links in English. The one second from the bottom is the versus broadcast.

http://www.cyclingfans.com/
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    did he win those gals for being king of the mountain? i'd like to climb those hills too
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante