Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quickie Wings

WudEyeDoo
WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are tailgating this weekend and I'm in charge of the cooking. Bringing my trusty small BGE. I'm planning on starting with wings. I will not have time to concoct any rubs, etc. I have Original Anchor Bar Wing Sauce. Any suggestions on a good store bought rub/seasoning to go with? [p]Gonna go with flank steak for fajita's on the main course. I've got my handy veggie pan with holes in it for the onions and green peppers. I'm getting hungry already. While we are at it, anybody have a suggestion for a store bought beef fajita marinade they especially like?

Comments

• WudEyeDoo, found this @ the below mentioned link (all sort of recipes)
    ANCHOR BAR BUFFALO WINGS (The Original!!!)

Source: Ladies Home Journal - August 1991 - This is supposed to be the REAL Buffalo Wing recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.
    Sauce:
    6 tablespoons Louisiana Hot Sauce
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine - not butter
    1 tablespoon white vinegar
    1/8 teaspoon celery seed
    1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
    Dash of black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
    1 to 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
    Carrot and celery sticks
    Marie's Bleu Cheese Dressing
    The Sauce: This makes enough for about 30 "wingettes." Mix all the ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat until the margarine is completely melted. Stir occasionally.
    The Wings: Fry the wings in a deep fryer set at 375 degrees F using vegetable or peanut oil. Fry 15 wings at a time for 12 to 15 minutes. Drain the wings for a few minutes then put them in a bowl. After all the wings have been fried, pour the sauce over them, cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the wings.
    They can be eaten now, or you can put them on a baking sheet and bake them for a few minutes to get an extra-crispy coating.[p]Serve with carrot and celery sticks and Marie's Bleu Cheese Dressing and cold beer (Genee Cream Ale is traditional).[p]
    [ul][li]recepe goldmine[/ul]
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    WudEyeDoo,
    When we make fajitas I use McCormicks fajita marinade. It's found with all the powdered mixes (gravy, meatloaf, taco...etc).I prefer to let marinate the meat overnight instead of the 15 minutes called for. [p]~nikki

• Chef Arnoldi, of all the cooking sites I have seen on the web this is truly 1 of the very best and probably the most comprehensive site out there. Thanks for the link and I hope others visit it as well.
  • Chef Arnoldi,
    I have been tossing around the idea of chicken (Buffalo) wings for several days. Thanks for the Great site for recipes, especially those for wings. I used to say the hotter the better, but eventually came across some that were lip blistering; in fact, the cook at the small wing shop here in Houston came out as soon as the order was placed, with a sample of the "ATOMIC" version I ordered, and sure enough, it was un-edible. I believe the hibanero recipe on your link will match the ATOMIC sauce, and will be excellent for the inlaws I am expecting. Thanks - CF.