Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New CyberQ II - Amazing

lilaccityhearth
lilaccityhearth Posts: 142
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Set it up. Now i am watching the cook from my laptop holding temp for 4 hours. Simple amazing. Just smelling the pork butt cook.

Comments

• WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    I bought myDigiQII right before this was ready...maybe I should have waited! That's really cool. Congratulations!!!!!!!
  • Griller
    Griller Posts: 88
    Congratulations! Do you have a long USB cable or did you buy a wireless USB hub? Also, how did you configure it for the pork butt? I just got a cyberQII and am looking to do my first pork butt cook this weekend.

Good luck with it, looking forward to the pics.
  • 10ft usb cable through the window that the AC is in 215 degree. did complete setup on laptop very user friendly pics coming soon. kids are in the tub
  • mattrapp
    mattrapp Posts: 107
    You just had to rub it in didn't you, knowing I'm sitting here waiting for mine! I really want to check this thing out. How easy was it to set up? Does anybody have a tried and true set up for going wireless? I'm not terribly computer savvy.
  • Good Question i have seen post of wireless hubs that dont work. Suggestions would help. I would like to go wireless too.
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    They are still fine tuning. They are on the 2nd generation software and firmware. I have version 9.0 loaded.

Easiest way for internet is to use a cheap netbook as a bridge. With 3rd party freeware like crossloop, you take control of the netbook from another computer with permission.
  • Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    lilaccityhearth wrote:
    ...i am watching the cook from my laptop holding temp for 4 hours. Simple amazing. Just smelling the pork butt cook.
    You can actually smell it cooking on your laptop? That's some computer you have. Must be a Mac.
  • Just wondering how you getting updates? Checked the web site and nothing I can find suggests updates are available.

--Dave
  • FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    over the DigiQ?
  • rosros
    updates are avail for your specific serial number only. i got mine direct from guru emailed to me. some of the files they sent me were beta as we had problems getting my lap top to communicate with the guru. version 9.0 firmware did the trick. i have vista home premium 64bit service pack 2. i think the firmware was suppose to make the buttons more responsive to touch.
  • rosros
    $90 for being able to control two pits or two food on same pit, computer monitor and control, latest technology, able to display both temp and pit at the same time...overall scheme in life not much extra for all of the additional feature set. but it is 90 above the cost of the digi which is no chump change.
  • Thanks. They also sent me a version because it wouldn't connect to my laptop either. Had to do with the comm ports I had tied up. Haven't had a problem since.

--Dave
  • Griller
    Just like what rosros wrote - $90 to control two pits and get the cool graphs. On the positive side, I know a second egg is in my future and I justified the extra $$ on that alone. One thing I must admit is that I'm very disappointed I'll be in this thing for another $100 or so to get the wireless hub so I don't have to run a wire through a window or door.
  • Griller
    LOL. Totally agree.