Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Redi-Chek ET-73 Thermometer... sold locally?

Options
bryansj
bryansj Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I'm now a Large BGE owner for one week as of today. I've used it at least seven times since putting it together and I am looking for some accessories.

I ordered a Thermapen (original model on sale for $74), but it will not arrive until next week. I plan on picking up a Plate Setter this weekend and would also like to pick up a Maverick Redi-Chek ET-73 Wireless Thermometer that I've read great things about. Once I get the Plate Setter and ET-73 I plan on attempting my first Pork Butt.

Anyone know where to get an ET-73 around north metro Atlanta? It would be even better if they had the Plate Setter as well.

Thanks,

Bryan

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I looked locally here with no luck. I ended up ordering two from the parts shelf for $39. They were good people to deal with.
    http://www.partshelf.com/maet73.html
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    You can also order the ET-73 from Amazon.com. Since it is a 2nd party purchase, I would not pay expedited shipping. I did that on one of my orders from them and it took six days. Even though it was a 2nd party purchase, I felt that was not expedited. I arrived after I wanted the item. It could have just ordered regular ground shipping.
  • bryansj
    Options
    I guess I'll order one online Monday if I can't find one locally. I was just wanting it for this weekend.

As for expedited shipping from Amazon marketplace sellers, they are required to have it arrive within 6 business days after shipping. They are required to ship it within two business days of receiving the order. Standard shipping is within 14 and up to 21 days. So standard shipping is the way to go in most cases. I just recently started selling some of my stuff on Amazon so I'm dealing with these rules.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I ordered one of the Maverick ET-73 units off the web, and it was DOA. I had to ship it back to Maverick, they wouldn't trouble-shoot it and send replacement parts from a phone call.

What do you want to bet that when it comes back, it won't have any Jelly Belly with it :lol:

From that hassle, I suggest getting one locally, even if you have to pay the premium to get the BGE brand of it from your local dealer.
  • PA Dutch Egger
    Options
    I got mine at a Target in Eastern PA
  • TXTriker
    Options
    I have seen a Weber version at my dealers. Now, I don't know if it has two probes or just one.
  • TXTriker
    Options
    That happened. It did arrive within six days. Amazon can arrive in two or three if overnight.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Hey bryan,where in North ATL are you located?I'm sure that I could find you a platesetter and a thermo for tomorrow(if you're close to Cumming) :)
  • bryansj
    Options
    I'm in Kennesaw. I went ahead and ordered the ET-73 online. That leaves me on a plate setter mission. Most of the local dealers seem to be sold out until next week...
  • bryansj
    Options
    Panhandle Smoker wrote:
    I looked locally here with no luck. I ended up ordering two from the parts shelf for $39. They were good people to deal with.
    http://www.partshelf.com/maet73.html

When I added this to my cart it said unavailable. I gave up and found one on eBay for $5 more shipping from GA.

I seemed to have spent quite a bit of money on thermometers today... Thermapen and ET-73.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    OK,I was gonna see if my dealer had a platesetter in stock(I'm pretty sure he does),and see if you wanted a cheap wireless remote thermo for your cook(this weekend).I bought three at "the depot",on clearance,thinking that they wouldn't last,and I still have two in the box :cheer: Feel free to email me privatly(by clicking on my name/handle),if you want to make the trip to Cumming tomorrow ;)