Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will it Egg ???

Options
bitslammer
bitslammer Posts: 818
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In the spirit of one of my favorite all time websites "Will It Blend" http://www.willitblend.com/ , I bring you the first in what I hope to be a series of posts called "Will it Egg?"

In these posts I will be trying to Egg various foods or food like products to see how they turn out on the Egg. I hope to in some way come close to some of the other mad scientist creations I've seen here. So without further ado...

First up - Quorn The label alone got me. If it's not meat, and it's not soy, then what the hell is the protein source? By looking at it I could see it wasn't bean based.
_DSC0001.JPG

So here's the answer. Mycoprotein I immediately thought hmmm...why didn't they say mushroom? Well the answer is that you can't call just any fungus a "mushroom" and mycoprotein looks wwwaaaaayyyyyy better on food label than "Fungus."
_DSC0008.JPG

I'm going to have to thaw this out and do soem research to decide what method I'll use. Direct, indirect, smoked, seared, roasted, rubbed...who knows how this will turn out.

Comments