Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Forum!

Options
ChefFubar
ChefFubar Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I received my new large egg a couple of weeks ago, and by that time had read many posts on the forum from all you folks. Tips, receipes, techniques, sucesses, and failures. My first attempt at cooking was a pork butt overnight. It was a tremendous sucess, including the rub and sauce. My wife became an immediate fan, and enlisted far too many neighbors. I am particularly proud of pulling this off with only the ceramic lid for temperature control; I learned to **** the lid to various degrees using balls of aluminum foil to lock the lid in place. A couple of days ago I purchased a daisy wheel to make life with the egg simpler. Thanks all --- the quick sucess would not have happaned without your input!

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    S10_02_9914_35_11.jpg
    <p />ChefFubar,[p]Welcome to the art of ceramic BBQ. And I might say that is very gutsy doing an overnighter for a 1st cook. Looks like I will be looking in yor direction for tips!
    Congrats![p]ST[p]Photo by GFW
    [/b]
  • wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    ChefFubar,
    I bow in deference to your apparent sense of enigmatic adventure. I've had my egg for not quite 2 months and I chose to take a more conservative approach. I basically modelled the U.S. space program of the 60's and designed each egging endeavor so that I learned a new skill or refined an existing one during each session. Then, I finally landed the Eagle and established Tranquility Base when I did my first overnight low and slow pulled pork. And you know what?...The results were exactly what I was hoping for and my dinner guests were impressed and amazed. I am no longer looking for an off-set smoker and I promised Auntie Em that I'll never look further than my own back yard ever again...But my wife is actually getting to the point where she would like me to skip one or two nights and cook inside on the Viking again...my housekeeper wants me to keep using the egg every night.[p]Hey, anyway, welcome to the "club" (I personally, belong to no others). My experience so far with this forum has been nothing but positive. These people are the genuine article. You'll learn a lot and once in a while, you'll see an issue pop up when you should just stay on the sidelines and watch the emotions ebb and flow...but, by God, because we live in America... that's why we live in America...No matter where you go...there you are.[p]Grilling, Q'ing, and staying up all night to do it without fear of someone shooting you or arresting you or your neighbor is truly an icon of America.