Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anniversary Dinner

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This past weekend, Mr. Hyde and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. We were going to go out to dinner at a local restaurant called "Mark's Prime", which you might decipher from the name is well-known for it's steaks. But, after the incredible steak cook that my small egg produced last week, we changed our minds! For the price of dinner at Mark's, we were able to buy the whole tenderloin and have more steaks and a small tenderloin roast for additional cooks, and buy 2 new additions to our Viking cookware; a 1.5 qt. reduction pan and a butter warmer.[p]Yeah, we had to do a few dishes on our anniversary, rather than having the waiter just cart them away, but what can I say...we had more fun doing it ourselves![p]Here are the steaks and some corn on the grill (BTW, the corn was OUTSTANDING...it looks burned on the outside, but it wasn't charred at all on the inside).[p]anniversary-dinner-cooking.jpg[p]Here is everything just off the grill.
anniversary-dinner-served.jpg[p]And, here is everything on the plate.
anniversary-dinner-plated.jpg[p]What a wonderful anniversary...!
QBabe
:~)

Comments

• Happy 18th Anniversary QBabe !!!
    Dinner looks great!! :)

• JK
    JK Posts: 93
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Congrats on your anniversary! (Mark's does make a great steak. But at considerable price.) Your dinner looks terrific too.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    QBabe,
    Happy anniversary,
    Now?????
    Could you please give more information on times that you put the steaks on,potato and corn. LOL I can egg one thing at a time but am not good with added items.[p]Thanks,[p]New Bob

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    QBabe,
    Man. You are getting good at this stuff! Great pix. Awesome looking meal.[p]Happy anniversary Tonia and Larry.....and many more to you. We'll be celebrating 15 in December.....18 is a long time![p]Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    QBabe,
    Congratulations! And many more years of love and Egging.[p]That meal looks entirely too good. What'd you do to those tater skins?[p]Ken

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    QBabe,
    Congratulations! My wife and I will soon celebrate our 10th and we will be travelling to the city of our honeymoon, staying in the same B&B, in the same room. Ah, sweet love! So, we will be Egg-less, but I suppose I have to make sacrifices sometimes.....
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Happy Anniversary......... you two are always cooking it up![p]John[p]

• GrillMeister
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Congratulations! My better half and I just celabrated our 18th as well on August 31st. By the looks of the food, we should have skipped the restaurant and stopped by your place instead. [grin][p]Here's to 18 more.....

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Bring the MINI...it's portable.[p]ST
  • Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    QBabe, looking GREAT.
    HAPPY Anniversary

• QBabe
    Options
    Vic,[p]Thanks! [p]QBabe

• QBabe
    Options
    JK,[p]Thanks! We debated for quite awhile, and were all set to go, 'til last week. Then we had a dilemma...while we couldn't claim to make a better steak ('cause I think there definately is a difference between prime and select beef), we knew we could make an incredible one, and with the money we saved, we got to buy toys too![p]Happy day,
    Tonia
    :~)[p]BTW, how's your schedule for lunch these days?

• QBabe
    Options
    New Bob,[p]OK, here's what we did....[p]First, did the sear on the steaks. Took them off for the resting period. While the cooker was coming down to 400°, threw the corn on in the husks. No prep, just straight on the grill. Turned about every 5-10 minutes. Left them on when the steaks went back on and pulled them off the cooker when the steaks came off. Easy, breezy....[p]The potatoes were done in another cooker that I had used earlier to cook a meatloaf for lunches this week. 350° indirect for 60-90 minutes (platesetter feet up, grid, potatoes). The good thing about potatoes is, if they get done before everything else, just wrap them in foil and sit them aside. They'll keep warm for awhile, just in the foil.[p]Enjoy,
    Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Thanks, Chris...18 (or 15) years is a LONG time, but it sure doesn't feel like it! Seems like yesterday...[p]Cheers,
    Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]Thanks, Ken. Those tater skins were rubbed with olive oil and then sprinkled liberally with kosher salt. Cooked indirect at 350° dome for 60-90 minutes. So far, the best baked taters to come off the egg![p]Looking forward to seeing you in October,
    Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]You have a small...take it with you! We cooked in the parking lot of the hotel in Waldorf last year...I'd bet if you asked the hotel management, they'd let you.[p]What a nice way to celebrate your 10th...we haven't been back to where we honeymooned since that one time. Sounds very romantic![p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]Hee hee! Yep, we're cooking, alright![p]Cheers,
    Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Thanks, and congratulations to you too! Looks like we're only a week apart...[p]Noticed you're registered for Eggtoberfest, so maybe we can get a chance to meet. But it doesn't look like your wife is coming? Couldn't convince her?[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Chef Arnoldi,[p]Thanks! We had fun...[p]QBabe

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    QBabe,
    geez, 18 years. . ..he must have snagged you right out of the 9th grade!!!. . .warmest congratulations on your anniversary and many more to you. . .and you're right, you did great doing it yourself. . .next time, at least bribe a neighbor or somebody to do the dishes for you. . .[p]best[p]max

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    QBabe,[p]No one has said this to you yet, but Happy Anniversary![p]Those steaks look incredible, by the way. I'm always very impressed with your "professional" looking grill marks.[p]TRex
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    QBabe,[p]I'm going to be in Atlanta on business that week and as much as she would like to come, she can't break away from her busy schedule. She will take part in our Texas Eggfest when we get it going.[p]See ya in Hotlanta.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • QBabe
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Thanks...and as far as the 9th grade...well, I was just a bit older than that, but thanks for the compliment. It's kind of like getting carded now...I'll take it where I can get it![p]Did you do your beef and potatoe cassarole yet? How's that nice green pot?[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    TRex,[p]Thanks! It was a really nice day...[p]I think the key to the grill marks is having a really hot grid...and having really long gloves and long tongs to get in there while the flames lick up around the meat to turn them...the hardest thing is trying to figure out how much to turn them, without losing the hair on my arms while I'm thinking....![p]Tonia

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    QBabe,
    ok, so you only look 25. . .LOL. . .having met both of you i know that mr. hyde got the better end of that deal!!. . .haven't done the casserole yet. . .got a beautiful eye of the round at costco along with a bag of onions and potatos on sunday, so the pot will get christened either friday or saturday night. . . can't wait. .. its sitting here on the dining room table till i find a good place to store it (the way my kids put the pots away, it will get chipped to easily in the normal pot cabinet in the kitchen). . .ahhh something to look forward to. ..

• Aussie_Hugh
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I have a book with a picture of a green Le C. pot and I thought of you and your new green pot. I thought I'd scan it and post it, it even has a casserole recipe attached. Not the same as yours but with onions and spuds.[p]Cheers.

• JK
    JK Posts: 93
    Options
    QBabe,[p]I can always find time for important working lunches! Usually end of the week is better for me. When and where?
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Aussie_Hugh,
    i look forward to seeing it. . .i'm finally figuring out how to take pictures and save them using this little web cam i have. . .now i need to figure out how to post them. . .[p]