Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pheasant cook

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All, [p]I haven't posted in a while but I thought I'd share this with you- I cooked a 2.5lb wild pheasant the other day. Here is what I did: Before I put it on the large I brined it for a while (4+hours), dryed it off, covered it in salt and pepper, seared in a really hot cast iron skillet until it had nice color (no more than 1-2 mins in any one spot), and then smothered it with a fresh herb dry rub (sage, thyme, rosemary, whatever else I was growning,...). The it was off to the large; indirect 200 - 225, "till it was done". (About two hours or so)[p]Anyway, I managed to snap a pic before the last of it went away. Yummy stuff. I served it with a side of grilled corn on the cob and herb salad (equal parts of basil, parsely, spinach; tossed with a touch of good olive oil and lemon, finished with the all important parmasian shavings.)[p]See you all at eggtoberfest![p]KenW[p]

Comments