Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Angry

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I will be seeking out everyone on this board for revenge when I weigh 600 lbs. and cannot get through a door in my house.[p]Seriously, I have had the BGE for 3 or so weeks and love everything I have prepared except a failed attempt at smoking fish. A 1 1/2" Angus Strip steak last night was the peak of my cooking career. I have cooked steak on a varity of grilles over the last 25 years and nothing compared to that meal.[p]Our blessing tonight by my wife included thanking God for giving me the interest in cooking on the BGE.(True story)[p]I have the unfortunate habit of reading various cooking experiences/recipes on this board and immediately firing up the BGE and running to the store.

Comments

• Kelly Keefe
    Options
    Wayne in SC,
    You're welcome? If I hear you're in the neighborhood I will be answering the door with an Egged rib in hand to distract you while I make my escape...[p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Wayne in SC,[p]Serves you right!! I have the same problem, and misery has lots of company on this Forum. Don't you love it??[p]Mike

• Wayne in SC,[p]I know where you're coming from. I used to be a running back in high school and was always in great shape. Now I egg several times per week and am really packing on the pounds! The food is terrific, though![p]New to this Egg thing,
    Dan Rinaldi

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Wayne in SC, we're sorta like EA - EGGaholics Anonymous. When you feel the urge to cook, call one of us and we'll come over and help you eat it. :-)
    SC is close. Coming to EGGtoberfest?

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Wayne in SC,
    You CAN Egg some outrageous veggies... (but they ain't the same as a burger, steak, roast, rack o' ribs...) LOL[p]Ken

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    ...oh, crap! You are going to hate us even more than you even know!!!
    Just wait until you've tried BGE pizzas, and pulled pork, and ABTs!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Wayne in SC,
    Well, isn't that typical! Blame all of us for your inability to over eat. Next you can sue Mickey D! ;>)
    Kidding aside. Give a shout to MollyShark. She's the Goddess of the Atkins diet. They fit reall well. I've been on the Atkins (the new modified one) for several months because I needed to loose "a few pounds". We still cook on Mr. Egg almost every night. Now that my nose twitches like a dang rabbit from eating so much salad I'm afraid to go near anyone with an Egg for fear I'll be mistaken for a 6' rabbit, skinned out and tossed on the grill for a snack. Molly can give you some good help and pointers so you don't end up 600 pounds and living in a OA meeting. Welcome to The Cult of the Egg.

• Wayne in SC,
    Have had an egg for six weeks now. Use it about 3-4 times a week, eating like a king--down 30 lbs. In my case Atkins is good for what ailed me. I broke a vertabrae (L4) last year, promply put on 40 lbs. and could not get rid of it until now. I can excerise again now. The egg is good for weight control.

• jwitheld
    Options
    Wayne in SC,
    actually you now have the correct tool for a successful atkins diet.