Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LBGE at Sams $508 with nest and shelves!

Options
Garnerac
Garnerac Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Walked into my local Sams to get something to "egg". I knew they sold them and one caught my eye. I walked over to it and saw a sign "last one $508"!
I have been wanting another but one of my stellar employees is a fantastic cook on regular wood fired grills and smokers. I called him and offered him the deal, he muttered something about his wife and then said "bring it on"!

Cant wait to see what this guy will do with a BGE. He will need a few things like a Plate Setter but he will catch right on.
I texted him this evening asking him if he was still alive..... he returned me a phone photo of Chicken being grilled and an "Everythings OK"!

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Cant wait to see the expression on his face when he needs any kind of warranty service...it's been all over this forum for months that Sam's is NOT an authorized dealer..then again he might get lucky and never have any thing break either..
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Wess you know better than that.Things do crack and give you a sight that will make the owner say what do I do now.Sam's wont be there to help you.You could go on and on but the home team in Atlanta will come to your rescue when ever you have a problem.What those guys covered under warranty for me could have cost two hundred dollars or more to fix. As the saying goes.Buyer beware!!
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    I have taken care of a Sam's Customer. You do what is right. I represent i product a good product. It isnt the customers fault that a distrubutor has to whore out product instead of relying on qualified dealers to sell there products.You have to do what is right!
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    At $508. with mates and nest I would take my chances warranty or not. :)
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    You got that right.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    What state are you in?
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    It was a customer that i had dealt with in the past. He is a snowbird and bought an Egg in the south somewhere couldnt pass up the value. Put yourself in my shoes i have the samething sitting on my showroom floor it isnt the customers fault, Sam's doesnt explain the warranty deal. So like i said you so the right thing and hope they remember it and come back and buy eggcessories later.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    I sent someone your way today. they are looking for a small or a mini. coming up from CT to Maine. told them not to bother with the Maine dealer I have :( I might as well buy from Sam's......
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    Mainegg,

If that was directed towards me i love to sell the Egg i dont like that they are in Sam's. I cant change it though. I rely one the diehard Eggers to come in my store. I cant fight someone just looking for a good value times are tough out there. I have made a commitment as an Egg dealer and stock all sizes and tons of eggcessories. I am out of mini's but i have a few smalls.

Mike
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Hey Garnerac, What state are you in?
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    A year maybe two ago, the no warranty came up and was beaten to death.

I don't remember the post exactly so paraphrasing...
    someone from BGE came in the post and said to contact them and they would take care of the problem. It was clear the part(s) wouldn't be replaced free, but there would be some kind of consideration. The post ended up in saying to contact that person at BGE.

BGE is a good company and it is hard to believe they would just tell someone they are completely SOL - but who knows. None of us can speak for BGE.

lilaccityhearth sounds like a dealer I would want to use if I were in their selling area.

GG
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    Thanks,

My point is you need to do the right thing
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Besides, at times orphans sometimes make for good paying customers when they need something.

GG
  • danny285
    danny285 Posts: 360
    Options
    Where are these at for $508, ill take two of them and worry about warranty later.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Grandpas Grub wrote:
    lilaccityhearth sounds like a dealer I would want to use if I were in their selling area.
    GG

Me too. :)
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    Panhandle Smoker sounds like a customer i want when i open Lilac City Hearth South B)
  • Garnerac
    Garnerac Posts: 134
    Options
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • CaptainJimmy
    CaptainJimmy Posts: 158
    Options
    danny285 wrote:
    Where are these at for $508, ill take two of them and worry about warranty later.

amen to that. I bought my craigslist rescue without a warranty. It needs the lever style bands replaced / upgraded and the lower damper could use to be upgraded to the new style. I'm not going to cry that I need to pay for it - I still got a rediculous deal on a great product.

hell if i saw one in sams today i think i would buy a second large - just to anger my wife :evil:
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    It looks like they are trying unload their inventory or just pi$$ off BGE. :ermm:
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh good lord dude! give it a rest. you can get it it covered under warranty no matter where you get it. Give up the childish post...
  • JumperLee
    JumperLee Posts: 3
    Options
    Anyone consider the fact that a major distribution company (Sam's) can't just log onto the authorized dealer site and place an order for, say 300 BGE's in various sizes without attracting attention? You can't possibly make me believe that BGE isn't aware of each and every order made by 'illegal' distributors. Sam's and other wholesalers aren't able to 'grabe' BGE's from the factory without the mother company knowing about ti (if they are....then BGE has a SERIOUS business issue they need to resolve). They realize they are reselling the product, however it serves a purpose in furthering market share, public awareness, and overall sales to let these distributors sell their product. They just get to contend that the normal warranty isn't covered on products purchased from an unauthorized dealer. But, we'll be happy to cut you a deal as a new lifelong customer and give you a break on repair parts....by the way have you heard abou our newest BGE eggcessory? Not bad, LOVE my BGE, it's just business.
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    Options
    As a dealer, if I was at Sam's and saw a large Egg, nest, and mates for $508 I would buy every last one they had and save significant money from what I pay. It's a shame the official "story" happened in the first place.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i just don't think it makes sense that Joe America is supposed to research the egg to the point where he finds an obscure reference to "internet purchases not being covered". i don't ever remember seeing an official post on the BGE web site about BGEs at Sam's not being covered. that means a buyer needs to see an egg at sam', then go home, research whether it is covered under warranty, find the forum, search the forum and find the posts where it was said they weren't covered, and then decide not to buy the egg.

i can see that BGE and dealers might say "sorry" to the guy if he buys a Sam' egg and need warrany help. but it is entirely unreasonable for anyone to think the BUYER did anything wrong.

sam's won't replace a firebox, but the guy could get all his money back. at least he's covered that way. but again, he didn't do anything at fault. Sam's did, and the distributor did. in fact, the distributor ought to cover the warranty and BGE should let the dealer's ass hang out in the end for having sold the eggs.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • LoveHandles
    LoveHandles Posts: 156
    Options
    I agree with you Scott. As a dealer in Lake Havasu Az, I would do the same thing. Makes you wonder why we couldn't get that kind of deals HUH?
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I'm one of the Joe America guys. I bought my BGE at Sams in April. I went to a dealer to buy eggcessories and was treated with distain, to say the least, when they found out my egg was a ba**ard. After spending $$$ and buying another egg...my small!...all of a sudden I'm OK. All is well in the world. Until my large has a problem. I would hope they would have my back.