Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lg or xlg

Options
fisch1
fisch1 Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We have a large looking to get another, just not sure which.
What do you think?

Comments

• DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Options
    Really depends on your needs. I have a Large and XL and love the combo but want to add a small to take in the camper on occasion too. I love having the XL and L combo for bigger parties. This weekend I will have both going with 4 butts on the Large and cooking ribs on the XL.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I think you already know what you need. You know better than anyone what your needs are based on your current Large. I have an Xl and a Large and use them both equally and there are some things that a large simply cant do. I do a lot of large cooks and entertain frequently. I am looking to buy another large to compliment my existing XL and Large.
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    Options
    If, as Eddie says, you do real big cooks often, get the XL. If not so big or often I'd suggest the Large. I saw an EX up close and personal for the first time last week and that mother is big! The thing must take 1/2 a bag of lump to fill the fire box. You really can't go wrong either way, I guess. Good Luck.