Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib Roast?

Options
Sparky
Sparky Posts: 34
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just put a boston butt on the egg a few moments ago so that it'll be ready for our Labor Day dinner. I've had my egg for many years and typically use it for smoking pork (butts & shoulders) and beef brisket. I have this down to a science and they always turn out great.[p]But I think I'm due for a change and have always wanted to cook / smoke a prime rib roast. I can see that there are a couple of recipes and just wanted to check with all my fellow eggsters to see if you have any good recipes or experiences to share on how to do a prime rib roast?[p]Sparky

Comments

• The Other Dave
    Options
    Sparky, I did a rib roast last night. Remember this is a high quality cut of meat from the loin area. As such it doesn't seem to benefit from low and slow like a butt does. I have done them that way and it turned out well, but that was probably because the egg is so forgiving.[p]Anyway, I just covered room temp roast with olive oil, gobs and gobs of garlic, lightly seasoned otherwise. Cooked at 350* until 130*. Let rest and internal temp continued to 141*. I have to say, it was as close to perfection as I could have hoped for.[p]One more thing, I used a baking pan on the platesetter in the large egg.

• Mike in MN
    Options
    The Other Dave,
    Great post! That pretty much covers it! [p]Mike in MN

• Sparky
    Options
    The Other Dave,
    Thanks for the tip! The pork turned out great and am looking forward to when I can try your recipe for the prime rib roast.[p]Sparky