Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good grief...

Options
AnnaG
AnnaG Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is everybody sleeping? I come back and nobody to play with??? :)

Comments

• AnnaG
    Options
    I really am quite friendly, if you want to chat...

What are you planning on cooking tomorrow? The only thing I have decided on is stuffed fritos and fresh corn on the cob... The rest I will decide tomorrow when in the meat dept.... :)
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Anna Anna Bo Bana
  • Ripnem
    Options
    Just put a 7.5 lb butt on my small to see how it can do. On at 12:30 ct. should be interestng to see what it smells like in the morning. Really cooled down tonight it feels like 50. Love it
  • AnnaG
    Options
    Feels like 50... I would looooovvvvve that... It is still 81 here (was 101 today), but feels cool compared to what it was.... :)
  • AnnaG
    Options
    Good grief again... This is twice that I sent a response to a post that did not show up at all... Hmmm... Maybe I am still travel weary... :)
  • Dut
    Dut Posts: 81
    Options
    It was mid 50's at about 10pm here in Fargo last night.

Seemed more like October than June/July
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    Options
    Ripnem, keep us posted on the the method and the results of the butts on the Small. I'm lookin' for some guidance before I attempt a boneless one on mine. Thanks.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i would do a bone in!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Ripnem
    Options
    DryFly
    Not a problem in the least. I was a little concerned, but just checked the coal situation and I'm not even half way through the lump. Fired it up at midnight and put meat on at 12:30ish it was stalled out in the plateau till about 11:00 and now at about 180* So it won't be long. I'm really proud of the little guy.

I did go heavy with the lump and put it in like Tetris. Also used a fair amount of Apple chunks thinking I might get a bit more mileage out of the wood.
  • Ripnem
    Options
    Funny thing is the one I bought had one in it. I cut it out. It will go till at least 4pm if it needs to. Pretty impressive.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Anna....sorry didn't see your post last night......went to bed at four am........suppose I was in no condition to read or write anyway.... :P
  • AnnaG
    Options
    I was sad... I come back home and have nobody to play with... Hee hee... :)
  • DryFly
    Options
    I wish I could, Bente. I bought 2 6.5 lb butts at Restaurant Depot I have to do first. I know the bone imparts great flavor. Next time
  • DryFly
    Options
    Thanks Adam. I feel more confident now.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i have neve bought a boneless one from rd..

the only reason i do not do bonless is you open the meat up and invite unwanted visitors :S

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb