Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Maine Egg!

Options
AnnaG
AnnaG Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It is another beautiful morning here!!! I leave for a week and you are nowhere to be found now... :)

Comments

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    I see you are thinking about trying stuffed fritos. Randy has an eggcelent version using italian sausage. Pretty simple - stuff the frito with about one pound of italian sausage mixed with a cup or so of cheddar cheese and on the egg for about 20 minutes at 300. I use a thermometer (150) to make sure they are done. Take em off and give them a squirt of sour cream.

South of the Border Stuffed Fritos
    (young people like these - age range from 2 to 92 B) )

1 lb. lean ground beef
    1 packet of taco seasoning
    1/4 cup finely chopped onion
    1 cup cheddar cheese
    4-5 Tbsp of Salsa or 1/4 cup taco sauce

Option: mix in some finely chopped jalapeno or top each frito with a slice of jalapeno.

Mix all together and stuff the frito. Egg at 200 till 150*. Take em off and give a squirt of sour cream and/or guacamole.

Hint 1: Load a cool grid and put the loaded grid on the egg. When the fritos are done, take the whole grid off at once.

Hint 2: Put the sour cream and guacamole in a zip lock bag. Cut a small hole in one corner and use as a squeeze bag.

IMG_1803800x600.jpg

IMG_1813800x600.jpg
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    SMARTY PANTS!!! we were at the NH egg fest :) right now I am buried under emails and junk here at work. got back from the fest at about 11 and Neil dropped me at work :( I will post pics from the fest tonight. we had a great time! oh well back to work LOL Julie
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Hey Darlin... Glad to hear that you guys were having fun... Looking forward to the pics... I thought I had time warped into another period of time... None of my good buds were there...I was only gone for a week, but I felt like I was gone for longer than that... :)