Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork tenderloin question

Shelby
Shelby Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I love doing pork tenderloins and usually do mine direct for 30-40 mins @ 350. Saw a recipe calling for them to be cooked for 1 1/2 hours at 200-225. Anybody ever tried slow cooking tenderloins and if so, what were the results?

Comments

• Shelby,
    I have cooked tenderloins anyway that u can think of. Thet all turn out the same great!! I prefer cooking mine at about 325-350 but i cook mine indirect. It normally takes about an hour but i am normally cooking 8-10 of them. Tenderloin is a great piece of meat. Hard to mess one up. HAPPY LABOR DAY!!! Pigtail

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 13
    Shelby,
    I do them indirect using apple wood for smoke until they reach 155-160 internally. Then wrap in foil for 10 minutes before slicing lengthwise for tacos. yums...[p]

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Shelby,
    I like to do mine marinated in a Raspberry Chipotle sauce and then spiral wrapped with bacon. I usually do small ones(one pounders)direct in the 350+- range, but I do them on an elevated grill so the bacon doesn't try to do an imitation of MickeyT's ABT's. Takes a little longer, but I have a bit more control. Man, those are good eatin.[p]LR

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Shelby,[p]I LOVE pork tenderloins and they are a favorite cook around here. I do mine direct on a raised grid between 300° and 325° to about 145° internal (usually 30-45 minutes). Since they are so lean, I would think that a long cook like that would dry them out more...[p]Was it by chance Smoke and Spice that gave the 200°-225° recommendation? I love many of the recipes from that cookbook, but every one of them is in that range, LOL![p]Might be interesting to try, though and see how it does. One of the things I'm learing is that there are many ways to "skin a cat", so to speak...[p]QBabe
    :~)[p]