Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nomex Gasket Statement

Options
lilaccityhearth
lilaccityhearth Posts: 142
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As a dealer we are only selling customers the nomex gasket. We are not giving the customers a choice. We feel it is a better gasket. I havent seen any new eggs coming in with the nomex gasket but i hope they make the changes on all the eggs. Also we have moved a fair amount off Eggs and havent had the problem with the adhesive.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    MANY egg owners have been using the old gasket for many years with no problems..you stating that you are a dealer and only selling the new nomex is highly commendable on a proactive standpoint...but the fact remains....there are egg owners cooking on 10 year old gaskets and more.....Kudos to you just the same...keep the customer happy..
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    My stance was weighted alot from this board and here people are replacing old gaskets multiple times in a short period of time. I do read posts on this forum. Your posts are a way for me to have my ear to the ground.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    A very nice gesture indeed.

GG
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I have to give you Kudos as well. I wish more dealers participated on the forum. :)
  • Bob V
    Bob V Posts: 195
    Options
    I was on a business trip to Phoenix AZ and had some time on my hands before my meeting. I needed a nomex gasket and thought if maybe I could find a dealer I could pick one up rather than have one shipped to me.

Called the dealer in Phoenix and we began to discuss. He asked why I needed one. I told him I'd fried my felt gasket. He asked where I lived (!). I told him North Carolina. He said, "Ah - that must be it"

He said he's been dealing Eggs in Phoenix for over 10 years and - believe this - has [ul]never sold a replacement gasket[/ul]. He knows all about gasket replacement, but he's just never had anyone ask for one!

He doesn't know why, either.

Bob V
  • Sailor
    Sailor Posts: 10
    Options
    A high five for being a conscientious dealer. Our dealer doesn't even keep gaskets in stock, even though he mentioned he has to order them all the time...(duh on inventory stocking levels). Replaced my original gasket (fried after about 10 cooks) with the new one the mothership sent me, and used the 3M spray mentioned here, hav'ent had a problem since.