Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb for Easter? Recipes needed!

Options
JP
JP Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have any good recipes for leg or rack of lamb? I'd love to hear about them!

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    JP,[p]This link should be of interest to you.[p]

[ul][li]Lamb[/ul]
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    JP,[p] Try to get a hold of JJ. He done a lamb at Eggtoberfest
    & it was fantastic. if JJ reads this maybe he can jump in.[p] Earl

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    JP:[p]I have done many a lamb leg pierced with slivers of garlic (frequency to taste), rubbed with a mix of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and crushed garlic then sprinkled with salt and pepper. Marinate covered overnight in the refrigerator. I remove no fat and cook fat side up to my preferred internal temperature.[p]Lately, I have found a butcher shop that sells de-boned legs of lamb. I place the leg in a bowl that will allow my marinate to cover the meat with fat on. The marinate consists of juice from six to ten lemons (I love lemon, you may want to use less), salt and fresh grown pepper, plenty of crushed garlic, and two five to seven dollar bottles of wine that is pleasing to your palate. Mix the marinate to dissolve and distribute the ingredients. Pour the marinate over the meat. Open the first bottle of wine and pour till the meat is covered. Cover and refrigerate (I do mine for two or three days) turning twice a day.[p]Grill at 300* - 325* to desired temperature. For kicks I sometimes add Jack Daniel’s chips (sparingly, just a light smoking) and smoke prior to bringing the fire up to cooking temperature.[p]Just a couple of recipes I like for your consideration . . .[p]The other bottle of wine? Do I have to tell you everything?

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    JP:[p]I have done many a lamb leg pierced with slivers of garlic (frequency to taste), rubbed with a mix of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and crushed garlic then sprinkled with salt and pepper. Marinate covered overnight in the refrigerator. I remove no fat and cook fat side up to my preferred internal temperature.[p]Lately, I have found a butcher shop that sells de-boned legs of lamb. I place the leg in a bowl that will allow my marinate to cover the meat with fat on. The marinate consists of juice from six to ten lemons (I love lemon, you may want to use less), salt and fresh grown pepper, plenty of crushed garlic, and two five to seven dollar bottles of wine that is pleasing to your palate. Mix the marinate to dissolve and distribute the ingredients. Pour the marinate over the meat. Open the first bottle of wine and pour till the meat is covered. Cover and refrigerate (I do mine for two or three days) turning twice a day.[p]Grill at 300* - 325* to desired temperature. For kicks I sometimes add Jack Daniel’s chips (sparingly, just a light smoking) and smoke prior to bringing the fire up to cooking temperature.[p]Just a couple of recipes I like for your consideration . . .[p]The other bottle of wine? Do I have to tell you everything?