Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I bought one!

Options
Geoduck
Geoduck Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm worth it - right?? Can't wait to taste my first cook - think it will be basic chicken, well as basic as chicken can be on a BGE. I sampled chicken at a demo several years ago and have been dreaming of MORE ever since. Next will be a TRex steak. Told the dealer that I would assemble it myself and he said "Well, if that's what you choose to do, but why?" Don't want to spend the money, I says... "Oh, but I don't charge for assembling" he says. Go figure! I love it!!

Live alone, got a small with a few accessories. Have had my head in this forum for the last 48 hours with just time out for eating & sleeping. Well, that's not exactly true, I eat while I'm reading!

I fully accept that I have joined a "cult" and couldn't be happier. Thanks for all the conversations, information, and advice.

Susan aka Geoduck

Comments

• Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Options
    REmember to go lower temp on first 6-8 cooks (under 400) so as not to fry your gasket. Welcome aboard. You have found a wealth of knowledge here.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Congrats. You're gonna love it.
  • maXim
    maXim Posts: 468
    Options
    Welcome to the cult, I mean club :evil:
    I know exactly how you feel!
    This forum makes owning an egg even better, the wealth of knowledge and help here is incredible.

Max.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Welcome to the CULT and "Happy Eggin"!Remember,anyone can buy a gun,but you need training to use it properly you are at the training academy Good EGGIN!Just funnin,even mistakes taste great off of an egg.The learning curve is small. ;)
  • Ex-Gasman
    Ex-Gasman Posts: 287
    Options
    If dealer put it together, make sure top and bottom line up all the way around. I put mine together after seeing what the dealer did. The top was off a good 1/2 inch, that could fry part of the gasket.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Susan....Welcome!!! Great to have a bit more "girl power"! :laugh: You made a great decision. ;) Stick with the forum, and you will get ALL sorts of great cook ideas! ;)
    Welcome...and enjoy!
    Michelle
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME

Your are going to have some fun and great tasting food.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Welcome,
    You will love your egg it is good to have more girl power. Enjoy and never be afraid to ask question no matter how many times they have been asked we will help you. You have a new egg family. Enjoy.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    YEAH....Girl Power! :laugh: ;)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. Not sure if congratulations are due or a good flogging.

You did a taste test several years ago and are just now buying. Arrrrrr.

At least you got one, so congratulations.

Looking forward to hearing about your cooks.

GG
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    Congrats!!!!

I hope you cook many great meals on your Egg
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Welcome aboard Susan. You will enjoy your new Egg as your taste for food will never be the same. You have come to the right place to learn anything you need to know about the Egg because someone here will know. The recipes are awesome and the people are great. :)
  • Cactus Doug
    Cactus Doug Posts: 341
    Options
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Hi Susan!!! Welcome... You made the correct decision and you are at the right place... :)

One little hint, there is a wealth of information if you search the forum... You will probably have information overload... Hee hee...
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Be very carefull Susan. Before long your friends will start leaving and next family desert you as you are drawn deeper and deeper into the cult UNLESS you cook for them then you can't run them off with a rabid skunk! :laugh: I can still remember when I got my Egg. A easy spatchock chicken sounds like just the ticket. Remember 165-170 degree breast temp. On more or it will start drying. ;)
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    of course you are worth it welcome and congratulations,.. if the eggcessory budget allows get your self a thermopen.. and cook to temp not by time.. thermopen was my only eggcessory for 2 years... it will make you a better cook.. egg or not..
    bill
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    Hi Susan,

You made a good choice. Our first Egg was a Small and it's still my favorite.
  • danny285
    danny285 Posts: 360
    Options
    Good luck with your EGG, you will love it, be careful with the steaks, i ruined several before i gave up on the Trex thing, only low and slow steak cook for me now.
  • Geoduck
    Geoduck Posts: 76
    Options
    One great thing about this forum is that it is fairly easy to determine what is a MUST HAVE vs I want it...

Yes, I just ordered a Thermapen. Now I am broke but very happy. :P Egg arrives in about 10 days. :P
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    Options
    You poor sap! Be prepared to become as obsessed as we are. Kiss personal relationships goodbye. Be ready to spend huge amounts of time scheming on what accessories to sneak into the house, and how you're gonna do it so the wife doesn't see them, not to mention the additional expense. You will be scrounging around in the back alleys at Eggfests talking to unsavory people that grabbed your attention by calling out "Hey man, I got a 14" pizza stone and a Woo2 real cheap. Come over here. I don't want anyone to see us." "It came with the original unit" will be a recurring refrain to the little woman when she spies you with a suspicious bulge under you coat skulking into the house. You'll lose all self respect, but the food will make it all worth while. Welcome!