Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coffee-Crusted Pork Tenderloins With Redeye BBQ Sauce

QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got a really good deal on pork tenderloins at my local Sam's Club a few weeks ago. Bought a bunch and threw them in the freezer. Consequently, I've been playing around with different recipes for them and found one in Steven Raichlen's new cookbook "BBQ USA" (pg 266). This one is DEFINATELY a keeper! [p]Did the tenderloins direct on a raised grid at a dome temp of 300° - 325° for about 30-40 minutes and pulled at 148° internal. Let them sit for about 10 minutes and served with red beans and rice and a nice tossed salad. Turned out beautifully! The Redeye BBQ Sauce was particularly good. Very richly flavored and creamy. [p]Sorry, but I don't have any pics of this one. It got devoured before I could even get the camera focused! There was even snarling....![p]If you don't have the cookbook, just shout back and when I get home tonight, I'll post the recipe for you.....[p]QBabe
:~)[p]

Comments

• Rich G
    Rich G Posts: 103
    QBabe,[p]I'd love to see that recipe, sounds delicious!![p]Rich G.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    QBabe,[p]You certainly are an adventurous and aggressive cook. I love it! Keep us posted on recipes and results![p]Smokey
  • QBabe
    Rich G,[p]The rub....[p]1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
    3 tbsp ground coffee beans
    1 tbsp coarse salt (kosher or sea)
    1 tbsp dark brown sugar
    2 tsp sweet paprika
    1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 tsp ground coriander
    1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 tbsp canola oil[p]Mix the rub ingrediants together. Sprinkle the tenderloins liberally. Drizzle the oil on them and rub it in well. Wrap in saran wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.[p]The sauce....[p]1 tbsp butter
    1 slice bacon, finely chopped
    1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    3/4 cup brewed strong coffee or espresso
    3/4 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream
    1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
    2 tbsp Dijon mustard
    2 tbsp molasses
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    Coarse salt (kosher or sea) and freshly ground black pepper to taste[p]Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the bacon, onion, and garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in the coffee, ketchup, Worchestershire sauce, cream, mustard, molasses, and brown sugar and let the mixture gradually come to a boil. Reduce the heat and let sauce simmer until thick and richly flavored, about 10 minutes, whisking from time to time. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can serve the sauce hot or at room temperature. Makes about 2 cups of sauce.[p]Did the tenderloins direct on a raised grid at a dome temp of 300° - 325° for about 30-40 minutes and pulled at 148° internal. Let them sit for about 10 minutes, then sliced and served. [p]QBabe
    :~)

• QBabe
    Smokey ,[p]No problem there! I love trying new recipes and have been having lots of fun looking for different ways to cook things. It's a wonderful adventure...[p]Tonia
    :~)

• Rich G
    Rich G Posts: 103
    QBabe,[p]Thanks for posting! Will try it out soon....[p]Rich G.
  • QBabe,
    Do you know how long to cook/smoke a 5#beef tenderloin under normal conditions. I just purchased a BGE? Thanks Jim Kemp