Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Try at ABTs

GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ABTs.jpg
<p />I have read so many posts about ABTs, that I had to give it a whirl. I followed the recipe posted found here in the forum, but I deviated and added some granulated garlic and parsley to each side of the pepper on top of the cream cheese. The turned out great and even better when chased with a cold Hefe Weizen.[p]I have a couple of questions. What should the consistancy of the pepper be? (crunchy, soft, firm?)[p]Has anyone tried this with Feta cheese?

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    GrillMeister,[p]Looks good! What recipe did you use? I've wanted to try them for a while ... I mean the ABT, I have a great one for the beer![p]Smokey
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    AtomicTurdsongrill.jpg
    <p />Smokey ,
    Follow the link to the recipe.[p]~nikki

[ul][li]ABT's[/ul]
  • bigmikej
    bigmikej Posts: 216
    GrillMeister,
    I have made them only once and my jap consistency was soft.

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    ABTs_ready.jpg
    <p />Smokey ,[p]The link is below. I also used a full piece of bacon before using a toothpick to hold both sides together.[p]It was my first time ever in handling jalapenos. What an experience.[p]I grilled them for 30 minutes at 325 and the peppers had a slight crunch to them. It could have been the extra wrap of bacon. Either way, they were tasty.
    [ul][li]ABT recipe[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    338453%3A%3B23232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3238%3E736%3E88%3A%3Ewsnrcg%3D32324%3A927%3B789nu0mrj
    <p />GrillMeister,[p]I recently did these for the first time too. I first Egged some spicy Italian sausage, then sliced it up and put the sausage slices inside the peppers with cream cheese. Then wrapped with lean bacon.[p]My peppers had a crunch to them - I think maybe the bacon keeps them from getting soft, although I only cooked these for 18 minutes or so - perhaps longer at lower temp would make the peppers softer, but I guess it's a matter of what you like in texture.[p]One thing I would do differently next time is keep some of the seeds to add more kick - these weren't very "atomic," but maybe I just got a batch of peppers that weren't too hot.[p]TRex
  • GrillMeister, mine have been in the soft but slightly firm catagory. I usually leave a few seeds in all the peppers and a lot of seeds in about 1/3 of the peppers. That way they all have some kick but there is some suspense and anticipation before you eat one as to how hot it will be!!