Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trying to bribe my roofer

Options
Rusty Rooster
Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Into doing a better job. They are supposed to be here at 07:30 AM to start replacing my roof from a hail storm. I just lit the fire and have two butts, just over 8#, each prepped. It will not change the price but hopefully will get me a more carefully done job. Now for you guys to keep me awake for an hour till I can put them on to cook.

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan. Good roofing.

GG
  • Dut
    Dut Posts: 81
    Options
    It's a good plan. I bribe my HVAC & Pharmacist who also happen to be my neighbors. Amazing how far a little thoughtfulness and a $10 piece of pork will go.
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    Just pretend Chef and the Fatman are there to interview you. That should keep you awake.

Sam
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    I think I had all I needed of that a few weeks ago. I would rather watch & listen than do the talking on their show. Have you heard the one they made that weekend? I don't think their stations signal even gets this far out of town. LOL So I have no idea how it came out.
    Any good news on Ms. Diane? Iv'e been praying.
    Tom
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    The butts are on, Back to bed for me. Hope to see you both and hear good news Thursday evening.
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    We go for an endoscopic ultra-sound this weds. This time their main goal is to take a biopsy. The surgeon wants to be sure of what he is dealing with before we go further. We are being positive that we are in the best hands and getting the Best of support from all our Friends.

We got a copy of the broadcast and I will get Ms.D to send it to you.

Sam
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    I try to cook something when we have work done around the house (like when we had our basement finished). It worked quite well last time! :silly:

Last week, the guy who cuts our lawn smelled a butt I had going and asked how much longer it had to go because he was hungry!

Now if I could get them to lower the price, that would be great!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    They already have it about 3/4 torn off. They saw me checking the meat a bit ago. I told them it was their lunch. They all smiled. About 30 minutes and it will be cooler time for them.
    Tom
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    bet it will go good with the beer they have hidden away in the trucks. :lol: might be a good plan to keep them around where you can watch them :whistle: atleast thats how it works around here
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just served them. So far all I see is bottled water and gatoraid. LOL So either they are waiting till 05:00 PM or hiding it well. Funny, all of the sudden, no more hammering. :-)