Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easy Night

Dut
Dut Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had some baked ziti and italian sausage. Should have put the sausage in the ziti but the wife and I were a little absentminded after a day at the dog park, yard work, house work etc. still turned out pretty tasty. I love that slightly smokey flavor.

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163-1.jpg

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Good looking ziti. Care to pass how you made it?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Dut
    Cook Noodles and drain (16oz)
    add back to pot
    add ricotta 15oz
    Oregano
    Rosemary
    (wife says any italian seasoning you like)
    stir
    then add cubed mozzarella (1 cup)
    stir again

put in a baking dish, add marinara and top with mozarella

I'd like to say put some italian sausage in there also but if you don't just grill on the side and slice.

325 for about 25 or 30 minutes.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Wow! This I will do very soon. Thanks for inspiring.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • :) what wood did you use??
  • Dut
    Other than whatever leftover chips there were from an earlier cook, I didn't use any smoking wood. Just regular lump. This was first ziti and i didn't want to impart too much of a smoky flavor.
  • That looks tasty!!