Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lump storage - i like

Options
SteveinTN
SteveinTN Posts: 232
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
this is a very functional product. It is made or at least branded Kingsford coal bin.

you can now buy them at Lowes for 11 bucks each. They have a big mouth for the lump to pour and a nice handle in the rear to help pour.

take a look.

cd440b0e.jpg

you have a full 8 inches to pour lump

981dc92c.jpg

have a great day! - steve

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Think it'll hold a 20# bag?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • jonnieAZ
    jonnieAZ Posts: 66
    Options
    hey steve...
    how many pounds does it hold?
    thanks jon
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    I bet it would hold 20 lbs. of Briquettes. I used to use an old Ammo box to hold mine and that looks about the same size. You might get a ten lb. bag of lump in it, depending on the size of the pieces.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I've been using one of these for the past 6 months. It works great and keeps the lump dry out on the deck even with very heavy rain.

It holds about 10 pounds. Depends on the size of the pieces of lump.

I'm going to buy a second one to hold my premium lump (Ozark Oak or Wicked Good) so I'll have my regular lump (Royal Oak) and the premium available.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Thanks for the info, now all I have do is find one :huh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • anthonys735
    Options
    Just picked up that same thing last weekend, very nifty and handy. Much easier to dump lump rather than picking up a bag.
  • SteveinTN
    SteveinTN Posts: 232
    Options
    they are dead on each bin will hold about 10lbs lumb. I plan to use three. One for holding "random extra large lump" to hold back for long cooks. And the other two to to cycle through other lump eg royal oak or BGE.

I got mine a lowes for a better price than you see online. the ones at lowes are black.
    have a great day -steve
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    I like that!! LOL gosh if you wanted to, you could get one for big lump. small lump and lump for the mini only :whistle:
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    I've got the same one, except the bottom is clear. It holds an 8.8lb bag fine.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This