Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shish KeBob suggestions?

Options
WudEyeDoo
WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I thought I would try Shish K-Bob's this weekend. Maybe both beef and chicken. Any suggestions for a good marinade for both? What cut of beef would you use for this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,[p]You want something easy to cube, without much fat. I suggest eye of round. My usual marinade is oil, red wine, chopped onion, and dried crushed mint with a little salt and pepper.[p]Ken
  • WudEyeDoo,[p]CHEAT..
    use Caesar or Italian dressing, sirloin steak and b/s chicken thighs....onion, peppers, shooms and cherry tomatoes..
    yellow rice...[p]

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,
    If you mix it up (chicken/beef) the cooking times are different. Just be careful with that... So do skewers with just beef and treats, and skewers with chicken and treats. The chicken takes longer...[p]I mix up a marinade of butter, oregano, and your favorite seasoning. (Old Bay is good) Cook this in a sauce pan for a couple of minutes, remove from the heat, and then add the juice from about 1/2 lemon. Don't cook the lemon juice, it gets bitter if it's cooked too long.[p]I season the meat separately from the veggies, do everything up, and then dab the marinade on with a brush.[p]After the kabobs are about 3/4 done, then I brush on more lemon/butter/ and oregano....great treats! And maybe a nice spritz of fresh lime or lemon juice just before they come off.[p]Whatever you can get on the skewer is good! besides the standard...onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, green and red peppers....pineapple and other fruits are good. Shrimp and scallops really work nice.[p]Good luck.[p]Mike in MN