Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Top gasket

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ijust bought a new large egg I used 3 times and the top gasket started to peel off now it has broken into I have a white gasket can I put this one on top with out pulling the lid off? what glue do I use the gray one had tape on it. Thanks Jerome

Comments

• Eggspert
    Eggspert Posts: 142
    Options
    White gasket? B) Do you mean nomex? If so, take the old gasket off the top and bottom, apply 3M 77 and the gasket will not give you any trouble for years.
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    It will be a lot easier if you remove the top and invert it on the base, with a couple of towels to protect the surfaces.
  • WestTexan
    WestTexan Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey Jerome,
    I'm with you. I'd just as soon not take the whole thing apart in order to put on the nomex gasket. I'll be doing this soon too. Has anyone done it without taking the hinge apart and taking the top off? Any problems with just leaving the dome on???
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    go to our site and check under projects. I have the how do's in pics. Easy peasy
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    It's a bunch easier to take the dome off.It only requires loosening two nuts :huh: Lift the lid off and turn it over to clean,and install the new gasket.Very easy to do,I promise :) Or you can try it with the dome in place,but you'll have a hard time cleaning off the old addhesive,and also trying to put the new gasket on.........just my opinion though B)