Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Already Thinking About a 2nd Egg !!!

520dvx
520dvx Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Our LBGE is still in the box while I put the finish on the table and we are already thinking about a 2nd one ...... about how many $$ is a small ???

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Retail on a small is around $400
  • SGT BBQ
    SGT BBQ Posts: 190
    If you have any eggfest that is scheduled to be by you this summer plan on attending and pre-buying a small egg. You will get a good deal and will have a ton of fun at the eggfest. It is a win win situation.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    About, exactly $439. Now is the time, while planning the table. If you leave out the small, you'll be sorry.
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Large and Small does seem to be the most popular tandem on here. However, I have a family of 4 (and like leftovers) so I went with Large and Medium and it fits my needs perfectly.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    I have a large and a mini. We use the mini a whole heck of a lot. More than I thought we would actually.
  • Eggscriber
    Eggscriber Posts: 276
    Hey, I have two larges. I find that we're just a family of four, but nonetheless, when I cook, I manage to get both going, one for the meats at searing temp, and one at 400 for veggies, potatoes etc. The two larges can swap accessories such as plate setter and cast iron grid. Also, when I cook, the whole family, and neighborhood for that matter, shows up, and I need the extra cooking surface. So I would recommend two larges, but now I'm thinking of a mini or small, for small cooks, and taking my egging on the road! :cheer:
  • Eggspert
    Eggspert Posts: 142
    I have the LBGE and SBGE. I would recommend getting the small to keep your large company and I cook on the small 85% more than the large. I found out that the small uses substantially less lump than the large and i found the small on craigslist for $150, a deal i couldn't turn down. Try craigslist and be patient because they sell quick. Good Luck!
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    I have the same set up as Eggscriber. I cook for a family of 4 but always manage to have a few neighbors or kids friends show up. Like the idea of everything is interchangeable between the two.
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    We have a Large, a Small and a Mini. The Small gets the most use, but I suspect that's at least in part because I don't have a good place to put the Mini yet.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    I paid $420 for my small, plate setter, cast iron grill, all accessories and bag'o lump with no nest last year. I use it 50% of the time now. Love it.
  • Ala-Egg
    Ala-Egg Posts: 162
    Around $400.00, go for it, you will use it and can take it with you.