Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ fest in Ireland.

irishrog
irishrog Posts: 375
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am running a "Taste of the World" barbeque cook off on 20th JUne to celebrate 25 years in business for the mall where I am the manager.
If any eggheads are travelling in Ireland around that date and want to come along and cook some bbq, just to keep in practice while on your travels, you will be more than welcome.
The event will run from 12 noon until 5pm and is open to everyone, but please register in advance if you would like to cook. Barbeques, charcoal, and some food will be provided to participating teams, so come along and participate. Unfortunately, I wont have eggs for everybody, but I will have barbeques.
By the way, I am in Limerick, in Ireland, about half an hour from Shannon Airport, so if you happen to be travelling in this area on 20th June you will be more than welcome to come along.
Further details are on our website www.parkwayshoppingcentre.com
Greetings from Ireland, where the weather is absolutely glorious, the barbeques are smoking, and life is good.
Roger

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Nice of you to inform the group of this opportunity.

Unfortunately I will not be close to Ireland on June 20, but I hope your event goes off "without a hitch", as we say here in the South.
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Grand Oeuf Vert Posts: 1,631
    Thank for thinking of us. Sorry but I can't make. Hope your event goes well though. Might stop by for a visit someday!
    Regards,
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    I have family in Limerick. They are from a little town called Glin or Glyn. I'll get there some day. Glad that BGE has a presence in Eire. Wish your event every success.
  • Hi Roger:

Although I can't be there, I have forwarded your post to some of my cousins in Tralee.

A few of my cousins are butchers so an event like this might be of interest to them.

Good luck with your BBQ.

Michael
  • irishrog
    Thanks Michael, this is building up to be a great event so hopefully they may be able to make it.
    Greetings from Ireland, Roger
  • irishrog
    DryFly, Glin is only about 20 miles from here. Maybe they will call in on the day of the cook off, we are hoping for many thousands of people, and a wonderful event. Roger
  • irishrog
    Hi Tim, I saw your post on this fest a few days ago. Some year I am going to take a trip to America and attend as many eggfests as possible in a 3 or 4 week period.
    It is a long way to travel for 1 fest, and I know when I have been to 1 that I will want to visit more, so I plan to visit as many fests as possible in as short a time as possible in the next year or 2.
    Greetings from Ireland, Roger