Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Air Fares Cheap! Not too late to attend Eggfest!!

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Still not to late y'all. Make your plans!![p]Comin up quick! I am gettin' a bit excited. Tim and I are strategizing to try and figure out how to cook that brisket overnight. Would be nice to serve up a big ol chunk-o-chest. Spice Cooks, who are constantly sharing great recipes, emailed me a brisket marinade recipe last year that was awesome. Probably go with that marinade.[p]Ginger Mahogany Spare Ribs go on Saturday. And I just might have to cook up some squid for the brave (and lucky).[p]What else do we have goin on the eggs??[p]Geared up!!
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Nature Boy,
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!
    Well, thanx to Timmy's post we aren't worried about sleeping in the gutters that night. And we are working around FInger Lickin' Tom's schedule for him to join the trek.
    Even though Saturday's attempt at E2K sausages were a flop, I still feel condident that all will enjoy our contribution.
    But I must say...i still feel that your original idea of strapping it to your truck is a great idea...even though u will have every cop and firetruck followin' ya aaaaaazzzzz.
    Just get there before before i pop my first E2K PALE ALE and I will be gladly to help get it off ur truck.
    ST

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Nature Boy,[p]I'm going to do baby backs because Tim said I couldn't show up otherwise. ;-}[p]Time & logistics permitting, I may also do a version of my T'giving turkey - brined, butterflied & stuffed under the skin with minced mushrooms, cheese & other goodies.[p]Cathy
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Nature Boy,[p]Pizza here, with lots of adjustment to allow Cat to cook her stuffed bird. Really good stuff.[p]If you make bait, I mean squid, I'll be first in line to try it.[p]Spin
  • Nature Boy
    Spin,
    Yeah, we will help with any logistics Cat needs to pull off that turkey. Sounds great! Pizza, aw man. I'll be in line.[p]Count on the squid. I'll make it happen.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Cat,
    Yeeeee Ha! I would love to see one of your butterflied creations. Anything we can do to make it happen, let us know!! [p]We should have a great variety. I know Tim was talkin about some pork tenderloins.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • RLA
    RLA Posts: 89
    Cat,
    Is there a posted recipe for the stuffed turkey..??

• Cat
    Nature Boy,[p]
    Thanks, Chris! I'll give it a shot.[p]I'm looking forward to your ribs, and squid too...[p]Cathy

• Cat
    RLA,[p]No, but I typed it out for Spin so it's on some computer somewhere...I'll e-mail it to you when I find it, if you like.[p]Cathy

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Nature Boy, As mentioned previously, I'm in for cooking up a pile of wings, being somewhat limited in menu selection by our border crossing. Hopefully a fine appetizer for some of the more elaborate and labour-intensive dishes to follow. As a bonus, will be picking up Anchor Bar buffalo wing sauce on way down. If anyone wants me to grab a bottle, get your orders in over the next couple weeks (supplies limited by size of our trunk!) Attached is a link to the Anchor Bar wing sauce homepage for those interested.....[p]
    [ul][li]The Original Wing Sauce Page[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    BBQfan1,[p]My hand is is the air!!! Sauce! Sauce here please!!![p]Pick up a few bottles - I will take 2 and I bet you can get rid of a dozen more.[p]Tim --sauceaholic[p]
  • Tim M
    Spin,[p]Bring your pole just in case -- no use waisting the bait -- er uh squid.[p]Tim
  • Tim M
    Cat,[p]Gee, never knew I carried so much weight - well the scales always said so but that was all. [p]I am going to be in the front of the line for those ribs too![p]As NB would say, Yeee hawww[p]

• Tim M
    SMokin' Todd,[p]Pale Ale ? -- Mr Toad and The Col. have me picking up something called Chimeny Beer from Belgium I think. 24 oz bottles too. I added a case for myself just to try it - at $7 a bottle it must be pretty good. Maybe they will jump in and tell us/me more about this stuff.[p]Tim
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Tim M,[p]I'll taste the meal.[p]It's too early in the season to use it for bait anyway :-).[p]Spin

• Tim M
    Cat,[p]Why not post it when you find it - can always use a good turkey recipe.[p]Tim
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Cat,[p]Pardon my French, but sweet merciful crap that sounds good!!! I was pondering the other day about some of the many wonderful things one can do to a turkey to add strong flavors. You just touched on many of them and you've really piqued my interest with that cheese suggestion. I think I'm going to be cooking a bird for Easter Sunday and that suggestion might just make it in there.[p]Thanks,
    Cornfed

• Cornfed
    Nature Boy,[p]NB, save me some squid! I'm definitely interested in trying BGE'd squid.
  • Cat
    Tim M,[p]Will do. What are you cooking?[p]BTW, Chimay is good stuff...and the bottles are big so $7 isn't outrageous. [p]Cathy

• Cat
    Cornfed,[p]I'll post it tomorrow when I find it - it would make a great Easter meal. Very festive-looking.[p]Cathy

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Cat,
    Definitely do the bird if you can. We were just talking about a decent turkey out here. Never been a fan of "smoked" turkey, but haven't tried turkey a la egg. Yours sounds wonderful.[p]DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WEIGHT I HAVE GAINED SINCE I GOT THOSE DAMNED EGGS!

• Nature Boy
    Tim M,
    You must be talkin about Chimay. Yeah that is some pretty serious business! Lots of flavor, and also notably carbonated. The Red Cap Ale is quite complex, nice roasted malt flavor, smoooth and long aftertaste. 7-9% alchohol, so it does pack a bit of a punch.
    They also have a blue cap, a white cap. The Grande Reserve, is citrusy and fruity, with a malty character.[p]Which one did you get??[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Cornfed
    BBQfan1,[p]Put me down for two, please. I likey buffalo wings. I actually received as a gift at a Christmas party the Hot Sauce Lovers Kit. It comes with a bunch of recipes for some sauces and some spices and equipment to help you make it. I'm a little frightened about the blanched habaneros in boiling vinegar, and the sinus clearing fumes they will exude, but I can use a good kick in the pants hot sauce.[p]Cornfed
  • Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    MollyShark,
    Once you've tasted a brined, smoked turkey from the Egg, you'll wonder why you even attempted to taste any of the others! I've smoked turkey for too many years! This past December though sure made me change my approach. Even my MIL, who hates turkey loves BST from the Egg![p]Once you taste it, life will never be the same![p]Dr. Chicken

• Cornfed
    Tim M,[p]Chimay is a spectacular Belgian Trappist Ale. It should go great with the awesome food to be consumed at E2K.[p]Cornfed
  • Tim M
    Cat,[p]I have been thinking about doing pork tenderloins or jerky. My jerky is ok - still need to find a good seasoning so it will most likely be the tenders in Char-crust and some without. I can do them after the first round cooking is done. The folks doing longer cooks - like you and Mr Toad etc can start and some of us doing 40 min cooking at higher temps can jump in after the first round. We should be eating from 11am until around 3pm I figure. [p]The Chimay does come in 24 oz bottles - thats about 2 days worth ---- [p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Tim M,
    Would love to see you do jerky.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Tim M
    Nature Boy,[p]The best part of my jerky is seeing it -- not tasting it.[p]I have not done many batches of jerky - seeing Damon do it at Eggtoberfest made me rush home and do Wa-Wa wings, jerky and prime rib. I think GFW does jerky - maybe I'll try his recipe next time. [p]Maybe we can do some when next I roll up your way later in the spring. I have a meat slicer which makes it a lot easier (unless you get the butcher to do it).[p]Tim
  • Tim M
    Nature Boy,[p]I got a case of the Grand Reserve - cap color ???[p]Does anyone else want a case of this stuff?? Its $69 per case for the Ching Cing and Premium and $82 for the reserve. I have to place the order so I need to know today.[p]Please e-mail me <FONT SIZE="3">HERE</FONT> rather than posting on the forum.[p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Tim M,
    The Grande Reserve is not one of the colored cap versions.
    Yum. I've had it. That ale is wonderful. Smooth, sweet, spicy, and fruity...well balanced and very complex....spiciness is most pronounced at the finish....very long aftertaste. (notes from my beer book)[p]Q on.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Tim M,
    Deal![p]BTW, my other beer book says "Trappist fathers of Chimay produce a trio of very strong ales...The grande Reserve is the highest in alcohol content of the three (8.9%). Each of these ales is vintage dated."[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com