Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby backs

Options
NC Eggers
NC Eggers Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey,

Is there an easy recipe I can follow to prepare BBQ baby back ribs for dinner tonight. We just tried our first eggsperience last evening with chicken halves. I have roughly 2 hours to work with; is there a rule that they should take longer than 2 hours to cook on the BGE?
Oh, I have mesquite and hickory chips on hand.

Thanks,

NC egger

Comments

• giantwing
    giantwing Posts: 189
    Options
    NC.
    I just did baby backs last night. They took 3 1/2 at 250 indirect. I guess you could go 350 and speed it up but I dont know how tough they would be.

Mike
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Most of use like to take 4-5 hours to cook baby backs. I am sure someone has a short time solution and par boiling is not allowed. Get some steak for dinner and cook the ribs when you are not pressed for time.
  • tbonemac
    tbonemac Posts: 69
    Options
    I agree with Richard. I just did 3 racks of bb ribs and cooked them for 5-1/2 hours. Don't rush the ribs, go with steaks, chops or a pork tenderloin.
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    Options
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I'm not going to say you cant cook ribs in 2 hours but I do agree that you should go with a quicker cook like chops or steaks or burgers. Ribs are so good low and slow and I usually take about 5 hours to do mine. Good luck with whatever you choose.
  • What is the best temp for baby backs? Indirect or Direct? What to season with or with out, this is a first for me with ribs?

I recently had some at a relatives that were cooked at 300 degrees direct for 2 hours in a rib rack and then put in foil for another two hours out of the rack laid on the grill that were pretty darn good, but I would rather not take off and put in foil if I did'nt have too.

Thank you for your help! Troy