Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table progress

Options
Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking like this will be ready before my deck.

We put intake fans in where the eggs are and a relay to allow the DigiQ to run the fans

Put a sink in the middle

Cut down the legs so I could open the eggs without a stool ;)

Putting in second egg and getting the countertop guy in to plan the corian.
Then off to get some tig welds done, a couple of supports and mesh for tile on the sides and back

DSCF2584.jpg
DSCF2585.jpg

DSCF2586.jpg

DSCF2583.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Wow, that's what I'd call commercial grade. That will be some setup. Just wondering...what are your plans to vent heat from the eggs?
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Options
    Looking good Steve. Thats going to be a nice set up. :)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Looks sweet Steven! We have stainless at the studio in the out side pavilion and love it! they are tables from a Sub Way that was redone. they are so easy to keep clean and wintered fine, even with 4 feet of snow just through the screens. I can't wait to see it all finished and puffing away with its two eggs! Julie
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Bill,

You mean I'll need to so that? Seriously I an going to put a damper in but I think it will be ok without. Lots of leakage around doors and I'm adding a barrier in the left one.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Steve thats really coming along nicely. I could use something like that in my egghut. Did you get that through direct buy?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    COOL!!!

at first the duct tape threw me, but I think I understand! :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    RRP,

We'll have the corian cut a little closer to tolerance ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Anne,

No, I got it at a used restaurant equipment supply before the fire. I think they would be ridiculously expensive new. But you're worth it. ;)

STeve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mainegg
    Options
    Anne, we have a local restaurant supply that carries used equipment. we spent about $600 total and got 3 tables all stainless. two with doors on the front and one is a triple shelf. one has a small bar sink in it and the other has a flip front trash door. perfect for an out door kitchen. check around your area you probably have one and don't realize it. We do not have our eggs in these but If I ever pull them from work I already know what they will be used for LOL right now they go the whole width of the pavalion
    e2Small.jpg
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Julie,

Doing a test burn tomorrow to make sure I can control with the Digi Q. I'm doing the cut stone after it is at home.

STeve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Eddie,

I'm hopin'
    Thanks
    Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Julie,

Nice! It looks like you have the identical legs. Might be the same mfr.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• reelgem
    Options
    Thanks Steve!! You planted the seed now...with taking care of restaurants there may be a possiblilty of getting a deal somewhere. I REALLY like it, can't wait to see it when it's finished. I thought you were going with one egg so you could have more cabinet space?
  • Mainegg
    Options
    stone on your table will be nice. I don't think I will cover these. I like the stainless as it is for what we use it for now. maybe down the road when they are brought home. but that is aways away.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Anne,

That would have meant a lot of eggs cluttering the deck up. I plan on getting a similar piece to corner this with. One more large and some kind of element for stocks so I can do them outdoors. This will end up facing the kitchen door so I dont need as much counter space. I do all my prep inside anyway.

Steve

Here is the way the deck lays out. It is going to sit on the left side from this view
    007-12.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Should of gone with the stool :woohoo: Looking great Steve. I still need the diameter of the mini grid
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Julie,

This has been sitting in and outside my shop for a couple of years. The surface wasn't so pretty anymore and it won't be covered so I thought it might get too hot with the sun on it. Of course that would only be a few days a year. :huh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jonboy
    jonboy Posts: 163
    Options
    Nice table and setup.
    Will you have to put something between the feet and stainless shelf for heat?
    Will you open the doors while cooking or will the fan take care of that?
    How did you cut the stainless tops? Looks like a nice job on the cutouts.
    I recently picked up a stainless prep unit to remodel.
    I may try to copy some of your ideas.
    jon
  • PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Options
    Nevermind the tables! look at how many lobsters!!! you just made me hungry...

cheers!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Wow, Steven the table is looking great. I can't wait to see the finished pics...

Julie that is one nice setup you have there also....hope you are feeling better... :)
  • Little Steven
    Options
    jonboy,

The shelf is adjustable so I am not sure til i try it tomorrow but my guess is that the steel will act as a heat sink and shouldn't be a problem. I don't have to use either of these eggs for high temp stuff. Cooking with the doors open is not an issue either.
    Cutouts were done with plasma and if you go to a pro place you can get them done perfectly. Feel free to use any ideas and e-mail me if you want specifics. I'll post tomorrow once I'm sure I can control with the Digi Q and fan.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• reelgem
    Options
    Your setup is going to be fantastic! How convenient, just steps from your kitchen. Your house is beautiful Steve!!!
    I know what you mean about the eggs cluttering up the deck. I just had to surrender my beautiful screened in gazebo that I used love to spend time in. The gazebo has uplighting, infrared heater, ceiling fan, stereo speakers and cable TV. The egg family has now taken it over. Talk about spoiling your eggs. This has gone a little to far. I hope the eggs are comfortable and happy in their happy in their new home. :(
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Anne,

Thank you.

If I could only get the landscaping re-done.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Hey Steven, are you from South Canada. That looks like duct tape on the egg in one of those pics. You would fit right in down here!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Gene,

Yuh, redneck territory. Duct tape is there for an experiment.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Steven that is looking awesome, can't wait to see the finish product. Love all the work space you will have also. Thanks for the post. I like.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Mike,
    Thanks,

I think I made the right decision on what to do with it.
    Happy birthday man.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Anne,

I hope word does not get out amongst the BGE's that your Eggs have TV, stereo, heating, etc....you know this is how unions get formed.

:lol: :silly: :lol: :woohoo: :P
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Kim,

Thanks. I can't wait for a deck to put it on.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mainegg
    Options
    LOL Anne, mine have moved to the gazebo too. after I tried to burn down the screened in porch two winters ago we decided it was safer.
    burnhole.jpg
    But are having to keep it simple LOl no tv!