Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING RICHARD, FLORIDA

Options
AL
AL Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
HOW DO YOU DO YOUR SPARE RIBS, THANKS AL

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Little loud for this early in the morning. shheee.

This might help.

Pork, Baby Back, Richard Fl

Procedure:
    1 After removing the membrane.
    2 I like to set the large BGE, for baby backs, indirect, plate setter, legs up, drip pan w/water, 1 inch deep, "V" rack inverted. 250F apple wood and pecan chips both dry wood. Let cook 3 hours and then every 1/2 hour or so, sprayed w/ 6 parts apple juice and 1 part apple cider vinegar. After 4 hours lightly covered w/ bbq sauce diluted 2-1 w/water just for some flavor.
    3 Figured out a few years back that foil was just to messy for my tastes, but will use it sometimes. Sometimes I will use orange juice and bbq sauce to keep moist, but you got to like sweet for this one. Will pull about 5 1/2-6 hours and cover w/foil on counter until ready to eat a few hours latter. Serve with whatever sauce each likes.
    4 As a senior citizen, most of our friends are past the hot spicy phase in life, save that for Chubby and his crew. Usually rub with a mixture of 2 parts crushed red pepper fine, 1 part fine salt and 1 part fine black pepper and into refrigerator.
    Update: 2007/08/25:
    1 I like to rub them the night before with whatever rub I am in the mood for. Set up large, indirect with a drip pan of water at 250F with a vertical holder. Cut 3-4 slabs in half and set in the rack. After about 3 hours spritz with orange juice when in a sweet mood, Soy and water when in an oriental one, apple juice and water or worchestershire when in a different mood. Spritz every 30 minutes or so. I do not remove and wrap in foil as many do, just decided a few years back that it was to much hassle, probably too messy. Sometimes I will sauce the last 45 minutes and some times will just take off after 5-6 hours and let everyone sauce themselves. Some like hot sauce, vinegar, or mustard etc. Depending on the crowd.

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2007/05/27
  • AL
    AL Posts: 81
    Options
    THANKS FOR REPONDING SO EARLY IN THE AM. I BEEN USING THE 375 DEGREES FOR 2-2 1/2 HR.THEN WRAP FOR A HOUR LEFT ON A COUNTER. IT WAS LIKE A CRAP SHOT, THEY WOULD EITHER BE GREAT OR BELOW OK.

KNOWING YOU IS LIKE GOING TO COLLEGE.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    AL,
    I sent you an e-mail.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer