Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloins

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Man, I just grilled some of the best pork tenderloins I've ever had. Did them direct at about 400-450ish (no temps since my dome therm was otherwise deployed, and I didn't use a polder for grill temps). Grilled direct and flipped after 10 mins or so then 10 mins or so later, flipped again. Flipped once more then waited maybe another 7-10 mins.[p]Removed and rested and the result was about a 150-155 internal temp. These were seasoned so simply with Emeril's Southwestern Essence as I hadn't yet received the stuff I really want in the mail. The result was some silly juicy fork tender loins! I added a little tabasco and some mustard into which I could dip.[p]Personally, I think the moral of the story is that well cooked meat is good with any or no seasonings. Good seasonings can augment well cooked meat, but no amount of seasonings can fix poorly cooked meat.[p]I did snap some pics, but I'm on too big a meat high to upload them now![p]Heeeeeeeeeeee,
Cornfed

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Pork tenderloins are a favorite around here...we did some jerk tenderloin last weekend. Darn good pig![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    QBabe,[p]I do these almost weekly during football season. I paid a bunch for these, but if cooked well, you really don't need much to make them great. That said, I do like a well seasoned/accompanied pork tenderloin better than a well cooked naked tenderloin![p]Pork good,
    Cornfed