Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Options
Sabbat
Sabbat Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Guys and Gals,
I just registered to the forums and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Nick from Québec City, Canada. I got my Large BGE on my birthday in March of this year and have been enjoying it ever since. Luckily, I've also become a new father early april and have been cooking non stop on the egg during my paternity leave.
Here's a look at some of my creations:
Maple Mustard Glazed ham:
3477633940_0183dfd9c5_m.jpg
Pancetta wrapped Pork Square with Citrus mopping sauce:
3521074047_e766f6e2e2_m.jpg
And dry rub crusted bulk T-Bone:
3550580037_5d771e2a02_m.jpg

I got plenty more where that cam from at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sabbat/sets/72157616543218902/

I hope I'll be able to contribute to the discussion and I'm sure I'll enjoy all of your stories!

Peace,
Nick

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Looks like BGE is taking quite a foothold in Canada - more and more of your countrymen join the egghead ranks every week!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    Enjoy the Egg and keep posting

Ross
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Options
    Bienvenue Nick

It is always grest to have another Canuck join the fold. Nice looking cooks too! With the LBGE and the new child, you are certainly having a memorable spring. Congratulations.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Dude!
    Dude! Posts: 25
    Options
    Looking good! I'm intrigued by the Pork Square - I don't think I've seen one before. Congratulations on all counts, BGE, good food, and fatherhood!
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    All wonderful looking food.

As someone who enjoys some really good winter weather, you will also appreciate how well the Egg does in even the coldest and snowiest circumstances.

Congratulations on the birth. As an extra bonus, you won't need an alarm for overnight cooks, as baby most likely will be reminding you to wake up for some time. :laugh:
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Hit the ground runnin :woohoo:

Good luck with the little one and Congrats on maybe 2 of the 3 best things to ever enter your life. ;)
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Bon jour, Nick! Bienvenue a la maison of the BGE and the EggNation! Great cooks there, new daddy! Look forward to checking out more of your handiwork.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Congratulations on both accounts.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing some of your cooks.

GG
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    Looks great. Congrats on the baby. Good luck cooking with the egg & keep sending in them pix B)
  • OttawaEgg
    OttawaEgg Posts: 283
    Options
    Bienvenue!

Looks like you're right into it! Everything looks yummy!

Cheers from Ottawa :cheer:
  • Sabbat
    Options
    Thanks!
    The pork square is basically like a rack of lamb except for pork. It's a pretty cut with lots of potential!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Would that be the same as a crown roast? -RP
  • Sabbat
    Options
    It would, indeed. Then again, everything is in French up here, they don't even know what a Brisket is! I have to order a lower breast beef roast...
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    welcome to the forum!!

nice looking food you got there ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Bob V
    Bob V Posts: 195
    Options
    Nick -

Have you used the Basques brand of charcoal? Apparently it isn't available everywhere in Canada, but comes out of Quebec. It is supposedly all sugar maple, but I was wondering whether the size is uniform, etc.

Thanks - Bob V
  • Sabbat
    Options
    I haven't actually but I will look for them; the BGE charcoal we get here isn't as lumpy as I would like, so I've been looking for an alternative. Will keep you posted!!!
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    Options
    Welcome Sabbat!!

Keep the pictures coming.
  • Sabbat
    Options
    Hey Bob,
    I've found the Basques, and to my surprise they only sell it in one grocery chain (IGA) and at a cheap corner store (Bonisoir). They actually talk about the BGE on their site, so it makes things interesting, but I'm a bit suspicious that they don't distribute to more BBQ oriented places like Canadian Tire and BBQ stores. They have 4kg (9lbs) bags, so I might try em out. The bags didn't feel very lumpy when I groped them... ok that sounded kinky...
  • Sabbat
    Options
    Late update for Bob. The Maple lump was amazing. Small lumps, slow burn, unbeatable aroma!