Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lunch

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
rackOlamb.jpg
<p />Howdy! I have not read all of the posts below, but I can see this board could be in need of some pictures!![p]LambTaters.jpg[p]For lunch I happened to have a rack of lamb that found its way into my shopping cart at Costco somehow. Per Qsis's inspiration last year, I gave the lamb a nice heavy sear on the medium egg, then moved it over to roast on a 350 degree large egg, with some tater slices going. Cooked to about 130 internal, and we proceeded to make the thing disappear. [p]Anyone looking for a treat, cook some lamb racks! A very mild and tasty meat. Will be posting the recipe soon on the Dizzy Pig site. [p]Beers!
Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Rich G
    Rich G Posts: 103
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Aw, come on! That's just not fair, Chris!! That's your lunch?!?! I thought you were a nice, compassionate guy. Now I see that you're just a big meanie![p]Nice pics! :)[p]Rich
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Rich G,
    Yeah, for dinner, he pulls out all the stops!
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Could you wax eloquent on the potato slices? Time, temp, rub, turn?[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Rich G,
    Well...I had a friend call and say he was stopping by, and I just happened to have this chunk of meat and bones. It was definitely a treat for lunch! But today is about 75 degrees, no humidity, and a nice breeze blowin'. Perfect day to move beer thirty up a notch or three, and throw sumthin different on the cooker. It all just kinda came together![p]Suprised MikeO didn't catch a whiff of it and swing on by![p]Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I just sliced up a russet tater, maybe 1/4 inch thick slices, and layed them on the upper grate on the large (which I had holding at 350 to roast the seared lamb.[p]Rubbed some olive oil on them, sprinkled Raging River heavy on the top. Layed them on the grill (rub down) and shook more rub onto the top. They went about 30 minutes flipping every 10. Would normally do them at the regular grate level, and a bit faster, but I had the cooker set up for the lamb. It worked pretty well. Temps for the tater slices are pretty flexible...but they need a little time to cook through and crisp up.[p]It is a nice simple way to do taters, and they are really a nice change.[p]Summer ales!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    That looks GREAT! I've been looking for something different.
    Now that doesn't need a rub that I already don't own does it? LOL
    Babybacks and rack of Lamb Saturday.[p]CWM

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Bro, you keep posting stuff like this and I'm gone have to come by your house, slap you upside the haid and sneak off with the rack while you're comin' to your senses![p]Beautiful, mang, just plain beautiful.[p]Ken

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks! Yes, we are always looking for interesting things to do with potatoes. Thanks!![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Man, I might even learn to like lamb if I ate your cooking. However, all the sheep were run out of Texas in the late 1800's....how are you with beef?[p]Mike

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]WOW! Chris those racks look absolutely amazing! I just looked at a frenched rack of lamb at Sam's Club last weekend and wondered if it might be nice for a change. And, since I stocked up at Eggfest on the DP rubs, I have the coffee one in the pantry to take advantage of. [p]Mighty pretty pics, fellow! [p]Tonia
    :~)

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Hey Chris,
    Have you ever tried sweet tater's that way???? If not do you think it would be worth a try????[p]Heine's to ya,
    New Bob

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Chris....[p]Yes....food pictures are in order!! But, I'm afraid these pictures and their corresponding text really get in the way of this board's real mission....[p]"To stay up to date on certain members "bitches and gripes" about competetor's cookers.....and the status ofany or all warranty claims for same"!![p]Please try to limit your "OT" Posts about barbecue, meat preperation, and cooking techniques!![p]LMAO!!! (large grin thinge')[p]Chubby[p]Eat heavy....dress cool!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Those ribs look amazing. Great job![p]TRex
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    New Bob,
    Ya know....that might be really good with sweet taters. In fact, it might even make them pallatable!! LOL. I am not a big sweet tater fan.[p]Beers back to ya!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    LOL. For dinner I cooked up burgers and dogs.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Me and beef get along fine.[p]You should try these lamb racks. It does not have the same strong flavor the rest of the lamb has. Succulent. Just freakin succulent![p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks Tonia.
    Now I wonder who was frenching those lambs you saw at Sam's?? Hee.[p]Seriously, get on back over to Sam's, and get down to bizness![p]Getting ready for a big party tomorrow. Will be a practice cook for the competition next week. Gonna serve up all four categories....brisket, butt, ribs and chicken! [p]Great weekend to you! [p]Yaba Daba Q
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Chubby,
    I love a good flame war as much as the next feller. LOL.[p]Just figgered it was a good time to switch gears! Now....time to go find a brisket. Went to 6 stores yesterday, and everyone has gone to just carrying small flats. Bummer.[p]Ales
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    that's yer freakin LUNCH!!???!?!?[p]...i have been talking the wife into rack of lamb for DINNER for months now.[p]"it's very expensive"
    "but we had leg of lamb for easter"
    "i dunno if the boys will like it"[p]can i come live with you?

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante