Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for an egg

Options
shrktank
shrktank Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was at my local dealer the other day, nd He told me about an upcoming charity event they are hosting. Essentially people will pay a fee to cook with a professional BBQ chef, then the BGE wil be sold as a used unit.

The price for the demo Large BGE is $850. The price includes: A large BGE, the nest, about 4 tools, the place setter, the side racks, 20lb bag of lumb coals and fire sticks.

One, is this a good deal?

Comments

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    Sounds a little high to me.
    Check out the eggfest banners. The New Egglandfest is selling a large with everything but the plate setter for 604. Peoria is 675 with a plate setter.
  • popagar0
    popagar0 Posts: 136
    Options
    i got a demo last weekend your price is not bad at all
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    Options
    I think it's a good deal. The Egg alone retails for $799 and the nest is over $100. Just because you are not getting the best Eggfest price in the country does not make it a bad deal. It's also relative to where you live since the distributors decide what the retail prices are for there areas and I can tell you that as a dealer I would lose money if I sold them at the New Egglandfest prices.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Sounds like a $200+/- savings.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    are you sure you can lock in that price and the egg won't be put up for auction since it's a charitable event, thus possibly driving up the price? OTOH I've donated a couple large eggs in the past to Easter Seal auctions and they both went for $200 below retail. Go figure...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • EggHead09
    EggHead09 Posts: 52
    Options
    Brand new my Large BGE, nest, thermometer, ash tool, plate setter, cover, bag of charcoal, fire starters, and 4 alder planks and the tool used to lift grid cost me 993 after tax. That was delivered and put together for me... I wouldn't mind a used one for the price you paid...
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Options
    A Large here in Florida goes for $760. Nest $100. Egg Mates $73.00 Plate Setter $54. Ash tool $15. Bag of Lump $20. Total $1022.00 Not a bad deal for these parts. :)