Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I made Jay's Shrimpburgers!

Tractor
Tractor Posts: 288
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Holy Smokes! I made 6 of them last week. After eating 2 I called some good friends and left a message telling them I had hot shrimpburgers available and that they were really good. While I waited for them to get back to me, I kept eating until they were all gone! LOL

Also had a few scallops for an appetizer rubbed with Willingham's! That stuff does amazing things to scallops!

Hot off the Egg.
shrimpburgers_plate.jpg

Ready to eat!
shrimpburger_sandwich.jpg

Scallops w/Willingham's.
scallops_plate.jpg

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :woohoo: SHRIMPBURGERS!!! :woohoo: My wife has been on me to make those for her since she got to taste one at last year's Eggtoberfest afterparty! :whistle:
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Looks great. I was absolutely stuffed at the after party in Hotlanta and forced one down me. I was really hungry quick. They are fantastic.
    Mike
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Morning Tractor:

Those do look good! Glad to hear someone else is making them (now you can do some at the next EggFest :cheer: ).

Scallops look mighty tasty also!

Did you have any problems making the shrimpburgers???

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Jay's shrimpburgers are really good. I just love them!! Those scallops look delicious too!!
  • Tractor
    Tractor Posts: 288
    Hey Jay! I have had NO problems making them and I'm a nut about them now. They're my cook of the month! LOL I've made them several times now and everyone thinks they're awesome.

One guy who was dead set against the idea of a shrimp BURGER (he thought it was a disgusting idea), ended up loving them. LOL

I use Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin in them in place of other seasoning.

Did you make this recipe up? When I was a kid, my dad would take me to a little roadside restaurant on Hwy 19 in Florida called Suwannee Gables near the Suwannee River. They served a fantastic Shrimpburger and it's my only other experience with them other than your recipe. Thanks for bringing back a great memory and giving me a way to make them myself.