Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My fire ring is broke....what do I do

Options
Jail egger
Jail egger Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Opened the egg up to do some chicken legs, and my fire ring is cracked clear through. Do I do something, I know it is common for fire boxes to break but how bouts da ring?

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Jail egger,

They do break. If you are lucky it will only break in one place. I believe the warranty only covers them if the are unusable but check with your dealer. I have had a couple replaced with no questions asked.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Try some JB Weld if the pieces are good sizes. My fire box has had JBW on for 3 years and still happy!
  • Kevin_in_Tyrone
    Options
    You probably don't need to to anything. My fire ring has been cracked for years (vertically). It just sits there in the BGE and works just fine. Now, if yours has cracked along a different axis and chunks are falling out, you might need a replacement. But usually, I think, they just crack vertically due to expansion and contraction of the ring. No big deal.

If you need to dis-assemble the egg for transport, you will need to be a little more careful with it, but otherwise it's not an issue.