Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Name or "Handle" - This inquiring mind wants to know

Options

Comments

• Smoke 'n Things
    Options
    QBabe,
    I will look into it, but my wife and I are planning on going to Eggtoberfest the next weekend. I think getting her to attend BGE activities two weekends in a row would be in the too hard pile.[p]

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Toe 49,
    Because I am....
    BBQfan1 (or just the Qfan to some)

• daredevil
    daredevil Posts: 4
    Options
    Toe 49,[p]My last name is Knebel, and my whole life people have asked me about Evel Knievel.
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Toe 49,[p]Those of you whom I've met, or have seen pictures of me, may find this difficult to believe but its the truth.[p]Lots of years ago and a LOT more pounds ago I was a sprinter in high school and college. 100 - 200 - 400 Meter dashes. 4th Place 200 Meters in the State of Illinois my senior year of High School. I also ran at the University of Illinois with some awesome and talented runners and had the priveledge of winning the Big 10 championships with them for several years in a row, both indoor and outdoor seasons. Our mile relay team was tops in the country for several years running. It was a blast and I enjoyed those years running a LOT.[p]SO, enough bragging, sprinter is somewhat of a misnomer now but harkens back to my more youthful (and skinnier) days. I think I started gaining weight as soon as I bought my first grill, imagine that. Oh well, traded one passion for another.[p]Troy
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Toe 49,
    Nothing exciting for me. When we first got a computer I was niknakk on everything I signed up for. Got tired of all the "niknakk patty whack" jokes and decided I needed a name change. Didn't want to be Mrs. Boccie or boccieette, so stuck with my name. [p]~nikki

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    Toe 49,
    A few of reasons for just using "Julie" as my handle:
    1) I could not think of anything else.
    2) This is about the only place I'm called by my first name and not Mom, The Big Green Egg Lady, John's wife, etc.
    3) My dad won the arguement and named me Julie Ann and not Rose Ann.
    4) The only nick names I have, I don't care to share with others in public.[p]Thanks for asking this question. A lot of people wonder these things. It's kind of like looking at your family history and finding out interesting things about the people you know, but never knew.[p]Julie

• WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    QBabe,[p]I like it!

• chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    Hi Julie![p]Thanks for sending me the egg! I'm posting here under 'chuckls'. I finished the redwood cart with Watco Danish oil - posted some pics here, maybe my post of july 7 is still on the board.[p]Say HI to Dirk for me, he's an old (!) college fraternity brother.[p]Chuck
  • Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    chuckls,
    Glad to hear you are enjoying your BGE and you found this forum. Aren't these people great?!?[p]I will certainly tell Dirk your message.[p]Julie

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    New Bob,[p]Absolutely. Steak is her favorite food. Sometimes I let her "help" out by the Eggs. She really gets a kick out of that.
  • ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Ravn is the "old country" (Denmark) family name and I live in the old family house.

[ul][li]Ravnhaus [/ul]
  • Dave's Not Here
    Options
    Toe 49,
    Dave's Not Here is from a cut on Cheech and Chong's first comedy album in 1971. I was a freshman at UF in Gainesville and being named Dave, this particular cut was always funny to my roommate and me.

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Toe 49,[p]I was pretty much in a rush for a handle, being that I hate filling out forms. The first one I noticed was "smokin' Bob"..so I said what the hell..i'll just go with Smokin' Todd
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toe 49,
    I ride a Softail Springer and live in TN.

• Unknown
    Options
    Juggy D Beerman,
    Great story! Adds depth and texture to the picture I have of you!![p]Thanks,[p]Pete

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Smoke 'n Things,[p]We're taking that whole WEEK off and doing BOTH! Look forward to meeting you at one of the events....[p]QBabe
    :~)

• Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Options
    nikkig,[p]and whats wrong with Mrs Boccie?? How about Boccies Babe! or Boccies Boobette, hee hee.. :-p
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Toe 49, with a last name of Wise and a propensity towards mathematics, my high school friends used to call me "Oh, Wise One". Looking for a handle, I decided it was either "Wise One", "Like Wise" or "Other Wise" but I decided to reserve the last two choice names for my (older and less attractive) brother. Hence, I used "Wise One"

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Dave's Not Here,
    That skit...and most of Cheech and Chong's work...still cracks me up. "Trippin' in Court" is my longtime fave though. Heeee!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Juggy D Beerman,
    A fine story indeed. Thanks for that!![p]Also, I am glad to see you post again! Always look forward to the words you tap out.[p]Beers to you to!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Wise One
    Options
    Curious in California, you know, typing "Wise One" is hard enough. I think you should take the handle "C in C" which is quite similar to my boat - a C&C 25.

• Wise One
    Options
    WudEyeDoo, I'm now curious as to how you got the thread title truncated to "Name or".

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    Toe 49,
    When I started using the internet (about 89) I spent time on the travel forums. That was when they charged by the minute for usage. So, I identified myself with my name and state. Not very exciting, but it pretty much covered the bases.[p]Still does. :>[p]Mike in MN

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    Wise One,
    Nice....so how soon before somwone posts as "Like Wise One"? BTW....thanks for that link....got a copy to my brother...he's use it a lot!

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I was kinda partial to, "Hey man isn't that Fifi?".[p]Regards,
    Jethro

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Toe 49,[p]Great thread, mang![p]Not long after I started posting to this forum, I'd see these random references to "primo" this and "primo" that.
    After a while I got very curious as to what this primo thing was. Figuring that this mysterious word was bbq related, I punched it into google, hit enter and found the primo forum.
    A quick scan of the threads and I saw that a lot of the same folks who were posting here in the green room were also posting on the primo forum........ folks I liked and respected.
    Happy with my discovery my first post to the primo forum went something like this......[p]"WoooooDoggies! Lookee what I found here!....."[p]The venerable Char~Woody (who I will someday meet, clink a beer and chow down on a slab of ribs with and who used to post here regularly and someday hope will make the jump back to the green room) was first to respond to my post, warmly welcoming me and graciously addressing me as "WooDoggies".[p]I liked it and so it stuck.......... Jed Clampet would be so proud.[p]heeeeeeeeee!

• WooDoggies
    Options
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Yes, great story and great to see Juggy posting after a long hiatus........ no one tickles the keyboard quite like he does.[p]Labatt's to Beerman![p]
  • Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    So, I had to follow up....[p]Seems like when I was young and maybe just learning to talk, or as one brother say, just dumb, I called myself "Toe" rather than Tom....seems sibling #4 added the "49" because it sounded "dumber"....through the years I've had other nicknames; TJ because of my first and middle names, Thomas John. This morphed into TJ Janowitz after a jive local DJ here in the Montpelier area...the went onto just Janny (this is all brotherly love. There also was a kid next door to us while growing up and his name was Domby Yoyo Hatch.....one day, someone called me "Tomby"...that stuck for maybe a day...then they went on with "Tomby Yoyo".[p]So...I have a brother that calls me "Janny", two that call me "Yoyo" and pretty much everyone else calling me Tom to my face.....pretty fun.....fun post, glad people replied....[p]Right now I have a Spatchcocked chicken on the small, a beer butt and potatoes on the large......doing some Cajun Rice on the stove.....

• Unknown
    Options
    Toe 49,
    I had been wondering where those "handles" came from too. Glad you asked. My son's and I enjoyed all the "Earnest" movies as in "Earnest Goes To Camp". Anyway that movie had two whacky cooks in it that concocted a potent recipe called Eggserroneous! I couldn't resist using it when I discovered the BGE forum.
    Keep on Egging,
    Eggserroneous
    aka Michael Dixon of Peachtree City, GA