Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone got a good lobster...

GriffinGaDawg
GriffinGaDawg Posts: 332
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
recipe for the egg? :laugh: :lol:

Some folks around here need to lighten up a little. :whistle:

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    hahahaha

i do.

steam it.

and you can publish that wherever you want!
    peace, bruvva.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    :lol::lol: Yea,but I won't share it!! :laugh: :P
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Great start, but I would add bubbatim's famous chipotle cilantro butter....hold the lime. :woohoo: :woohoo: Saving my limes for my G&T's.... :woohoo: :woohoo:
    P9072800.jpg

ahhh dats butter,,,,errr better :P :P :P
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Have you tried the Tanqueray "RANGPUR"? :whistle:
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    I sent you an email to try to clear the air. Is this your response?
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Sounded more like a way to get rid of a "mean streak" actually..

Deep Breath Ray!!!
  • PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Hahahaa.... aaaa what the hell... I'll give you MY "Lobster ala Pato recipe" even though I probably use it my book AND I guess I'm not discovering anything here... I don't care with how many people you share it with as long as you give me credit for it... :whistle: (although as any recipe involving parboiling and butter... well let's face it... that's a classic french preparation hahaha)
    Buy anyways this is how I do it on the BGE so, I give you "Lobster ala Pato", which if all is good some will try in Austin this Saturday:

2 cups (about 1 pound) butter melted and warm at 60°C (140°F), If if breaks add a teaspoon or so of water and whisk (this is called Beurre Monté)
    1 green jalapeño sliced thinly
    1 red jalapeño sliced thinly
    2 limes' juice
    1 clove garlic coarsely chopped
    2 Tablespoons chopped chives
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 cup white vinegar
    1 2 lbs lobster tail (anything smaller won't smoke as good before being thoroughly cooked)

Ok, first thing, boil enough water to a rolling boil, I'd say 10 liters and add the vinegar (correct proportions are suggested at 1 cup every 16 liters).
    Add the lobster tail slowly to avoid reducing the temperature so much and steep during 1-2 minutes or until the shell turns bright red.
    Take out of water, place in cutting board, half with a knife and remove the vein that runs along if still attached.

Take out of the shell (RESERVE the shell, even if in your freezer tightly wrapped in plastic... you can make lobster stock with this (Austin eggfest will see how)), and place the lobster meat in a tray, cover with a damp (cold water) cloth and place in the fridge. You will see that the flesh is still translucent and raw.

Light your lump, set up direct at 400°F. Melt the butter, add the chiles, lime juice, garlic and chives and heat to temperature (140°F) and remove from heat. You should have enought butter just to barely cover it.

Lobster should be cold by now, take it out of the fridge and submerge it in the butter (it will begin to draw heat from the butter and end up "slow poaching"). Let it rest there for about 30 minutes.

Drink a beer and a tequila, you're working very hard at this point.

Verify dome temp 400°F, bring the lobster in the butter to your outdoor kitchen, and place using tongs the lobster halves cut side down on the grill and shut the dome (there will be smoke and flames), flip after 1 minute, and shut again. Flip back after one minute and measure temp, you're looking for 120°F internal (begin pulling around 110°F, temp moves fast to 120°F from there) and it should be within in a few minutes.

Serve immediately.

Note: You can use smaller tails but obviously they will cook a lot faster and not have time to smoke through, so be careful.

Hope this works out for you and I hope you like it, I know I do...

Cheers!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Lovely!!! :whistle: I have a vision!!!
  • PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Hope you enjoy my friend!

Cheers!
  • GriffinGaDawg
    GriffinGaDawg Posts: 332
    I didn't receive an email (I rarely use the address that my membership is registered under), but no biggie. This was my attempt to try and lighten the mood a little. As I said yesterday, I meant no harm. I thought if it were a widely available recipe, it wouldn't be an issue. Apparently, it was. I have since edited the email. I have bought your books. I enjoy them. My personal opinion is that it should not be that big of a deal if it is available by typing it into google. You obviously feel differently and I accommodated you. I think this was made out to be MUCH more than what was intended...and not necessarily all by you. I agree with some of the responses yesterday, some I didn't. I'm a big boy, I can take it.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Sounds so good.
    I would buy your book...
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas