Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Florida Egg Fest ???

Options
Banker John
Banker John Posts: 583
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are having the Florida/Nature Coast Egg Camping Trip at Silver River State Park (see link below). I have reserved the large pavilion for both Saturday and Sunday. As we get more participation, QBabe will schedule some gathering times during the weekend. There are Cabins available for those with small children or camping equipment challenged. The park has sites for Tents, Motorhomes, Pop-ups, pull behinds, etc. There is electricity at all the camp sites.[p]Cost of sites are $15/night plus $2 for electricity and cabins are $85 and have air conditioning.[p]Reservations can be made on line or by calling a toll free number posted on the campground web site. [p]If you plan on attending, please let the forum know so we will have a rough estiate of a head count. This is a BYOCC (bring your own ceramic cooker) and BYOB (bring your own beverages). The park has grills available, but personally, I will be bringing my medium![p]This is an open invitation. Mark you calendars and prepare your camping supplies (including your ceramic cooker) for October 10-13, 2003. QBabe, Zip and I have been working behind the scenes to organize a fun weekend of friends, food, beverages and family.[p]Hope to see you all there. [p]Banker John[p]
[ul][li]Silver River State Park, Florida[/ul]

Comments

• Dr. Strangelove
    Options
    banker john,
    I'm here in Bradenton, sounds like a good time. Keep everyone posted on this Florida eggfest.[p]Jon[p]

• Jeff J
    Jeff J Posts: 55
    Options
    banker john, sounds great, question: Is anyone attending bringing their children, I have a 4 yr old and 8 mth old, need to know if they'll have playmates or if me and wife should attend alone. THanks

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Jeff J,[p]Yes, Banker John is bringing his kids. This is not an adults only event....you should consider the cabin option if camping with the littler ones is a concern. Mr. Hyde and I went down on the 4th to check it out and the cabins are really NICE![p]Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe
    Options
    Jet,[p]We're trying to get word out early so folks have as much advance notice as possible in order to work it into their plans....[p]Hope to see you there!
    QBabe

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Options
    Hi Jeff J,[p]Yes,please do bring the kids! I have an 8 month old and a 3.5 year old (both girls). Our kids will have a complete blast.[p]Some of my best memories as a kid were going camping with the family.[p]My wife's parents are coming, as well as my brother & his wife. There will be plenty of folks to share time with and pass the kids around.[p]I look forward to meeting you and watching the kids play together![p]Banker John

• JK
    JK Posts: 93
    Options
    banker john,[p]I this something that I could attend for a day or two at most? I live in Gainesville and would be very interested in meeting fellow Florida Eggheads. Having never attended something like this, I'm not sure of the protocol.
  • QBabe
    Options
    JK,[p]Absolutely! We're in Alachua and it took us about an hour to drive down. Would LOVE to meet someone right here in our neck of the woods! Email me if you like.[p]As far as protocol, there isn't one. As far as I know, this will be the first time this kind of event has been held in Florida, so it can be whatever format we decide we want it to be. The traditional events (Eggfest in Waldorf and Eggtoberfest in Atlanta) are sponsored by BGE and they provide cookers where folks can sign up to cook, or simply attend and visit/eat. We went to our first Eggfest in May and had a blast! We're planning on attending our first Eggtoberfest this year in October (the weekend after our Florida fest). But, we haven't really been able to get any interest from local dealers, so decided to just have a get-together of ceramic cooking enthusiasts who want to bring their cookers and have a fun weekend of cooking, camping and just plain kicking back and relaxing. A lot will depend on how much interest we can generate and how many folks can bring their cookers. We can keep the smoke rising all day long, if we have enough folks participating. But, regardless of whether we have 10 or 100, I'm planning on having a great time![p]Tonia

• JK
    JK Posts: 93
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Great. This sounds like a lot of fun. It'd be great to meet up with some fellow enthusiasts!