Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Rub Question 2

soonerburrage
soonerburrage Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, I am going to order the 5 pack to try them out.

Which 5 should I get? Right now I am mainly using Bad Byrons Butt Rub because I like how spiced up it is.

I also use Eagle Rub occasionally.

I cook rib eyes, pork chops and chicken more than anything. However, I do ribs often and pork butts occasionally.

Anyways, any help on your top 5 would be great.

Comments

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    My 5 would be....

Cowlick for beef
    Shakin the Tree for chicken and almost anything
    Raging river for fish, pork and taters
    Dizzy Dust again almost anything
    Jamacian Firewalk for spicy...great on chicken
    If you don't like heat I would get the tsunami spin instead of the Firewalk.

Chuck
  • WestTexan
    WestTexan Posts: 37
    Top 5 for me:
    -Cowlick
    -Raisin' the steaks
    -Shakin' the Tree
    -Raging River
    -Dizzy Dust

But you really can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    If Nature Boy was on he would be the expert. I like them all and your taste would probably differ from mine. I would recommend that You call Gail at Dizzy Pig. She is great to talk to and would help you out in getting the flavors you would like the most.
  • Suck it up and get one of each. You know that you want to, and you will eventually. The only one that is NOT a favorite of mine is Red Eye, but many other people love it.
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    You need to try them all, but if you want my top 5.....
    Raisin. the Steaks for steaks, Prime Rib, and burgers
    Shakin' the Tree for birds
    Dizzy Dust for ribs and butts (I usually go half regular and half salt free now)
    Tsunami Spin for my egg in the morning
    Raging River for salmon

But I also need Cowlick for brisket, and Pineapple Head for Shrimp and pineapple.
    They're all good.
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    My fav's are Shakin the tree, Red eye express, dizzy dust, tsunami spin, and pineapple head.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Looks like we've already heard from the experts!
    Thanks yall.

Don't hesitate to call if you have any more questions, soonerburrage.

Have a great day!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Pickle
    Pickle Posts: 74
    Recently had the same question. I ended up ordering red eye, swamp venom, dizzy dust, and course ground dizzy rub. Love them all, and have now ordered pineapple head, shakin the tree, red eye, and ragin river. Favorites are dizzy dust, shakin the tree, pineapple head, ragin river, and redeye.
  • Order the sample packs. Best way to try them all. Then order all of them. :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • emmagee
    emmagee Posts: 48
    We really like Shakin' The Tree on chicken and fish and Cow Lick for beef; I just ordered, but have not tried Swamp Venom and Pineapple Head. The only one we really didn't care for was Ragin' River and I'm undecided about Red Eye. I think the best thing to do is get one of everything and see what you like, if there's anything you don't like, just pass it along to one of your friends; I gave Ragin' River to my dad.
  • emmagee
    emmagee Posts: 48
    We really like Shakin' The Tree on chicken and fish and Cow Lick for beef; I just ordered, but have not tried Swamp Venom and Pineapple Head. The only one we really didn't care for was Ragin' River and I'm undecided about Red Eye. I think the best thing to do is get one of everything and see what you like, if there's anything you don't like, just pass it along to one of your friends; I gave Ragin' River to my dad.