Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ turkey

EggHead09
EggHead09 Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's official. Thanks to everybody's efforts my wife is now completely pleased with my small investment on our large egg. After 3 hours of cooking and preperation and 20 minutes of pulling and tossing in my St. Louis style BBQ sauce she's finally happy. BBQ never tasted so good as it did today in her mind! Thank you all for all your inputs! I now have my hobby drinking beer and watching a thermometer!!!!!!!!

Matt~

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Congratulations, life can't get much better than that, until you are watching more eggs than one.

GG
  • EggHead09
    LOL yes that's right. Actually I fed her family with it and they are making flyers to post at their places of work for me to sell smoked meat. So I maybe having to watch more than one egg at a time in the not so distant future!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Sounds like the folks like your cooking. The eggs sure do make us look good.

There is just the two of us and we have 4 thermometers to watch now. Darn eggs just keep hatching. There is only one thing better than an egg, that's two eggs.

GG
  • EggHead09
    They seem to really enjoy it. I bought it on monday and have used it everyday but one since I got it. Each time it gets more and more appealing. I love the no fuss cleanup and actually being able to relax when I cook on a smoker or a grill. It's definitely a first for me! why didn't I get one sooner!!! 4 thermometer?! Holy crap! I'm thinking we may get two larges. So, I may have to make table plans for 2 eggs!!
  • Grandpas Grub
    "why didn't I get one sooner!!!"

I think we all say the same thing.

Yup, 4 of em. Large first, over 2 years ago now, then the medium, then small and finally the mini.

If I were to do it all over again, large first then mini and if I needed another, it would be a second large.

I have never used an XL so I am not sure about that one.

If you want some fun cooks and like the following, try some buckboard bacon, pastrami, and prime rib. All easy cooks.

Here are some fun places to visit.

Congratulations on your cooks.

GG
  • B) watch out or you will end up remodeling your whole back yard :woohoo: