Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

country style bone-in ribs help

maddaug
maddaug Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooking 8lbs ribs. Need suggestions. Was thinking indirect for about 3 hours at 250 them increase to temp to 325 for last hour.We still have plenty of time for your better ideas. Thanks

Comments

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    maddaug,
    If they are truly country ribs, they are lean with very little fat. We would cook those at about 400, 5-7 min per side; glaze at the end or use a dipping sauce. Country ribs are not made for lo-n-slo. Enjoy!

• maddaug
    maddaug Posts: 56
    Marvin,
    These have ample fat around and thru the meat. I know the kind you are talking about. That was what I thought I was buying from the look of the package.

• maddaug,[p]Sounds like you have "country-style ribs" that are cut from the butt, which are very different from those that are cut from the loin (those that Marvin refers to).[p]If that's the case, you are on the right track in cooking them much longer, as you would spare ribs. I maintain a temperature of 225-235 for 5 to 6 hours and they are delicious![p]By the way, these are excellent candidates for Char Siu marinade, which is the bright red marinade you find on pork in Chinese restaurants.[p]Lee