Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coffee Wood

Options
Tar Heel Smokey Mon
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings from sunny (for a change) Virginia Beach! Just received some Costa Rican Coffee wood from Southern Style Products. The chicken they do down in CR is awesome cooked on coffee wood. Has anyone tried this on anything else? BTW, I must pass along a recipe I tried last week. I'm not a baker but this was pretty awesome. Cooked it in the oven, not in the egg. If you like mangoes, and they are now in season, plentiful at the grocery and cheap, you've gotta check this out....[p]Mango Cobbler (with vanilla ice cream)
http://www.bbonline.com/recipe/seminole_fl_recipe4.html[p]Happy Fourth Everyone!!!

[ul][li]Mango Cobbler[/ul]

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Tar Heel Smokey Mon, now try this in the egg. Use a Platesetter and I think you will be amazed - and so will your friends. The great thing is to prepare this earlier and then put it on while you're eating your meal. Bringing this out for dessert will absolutely blow them away.

• Tar Heel Smokey Mon
    Options
    Wise One,[p]That's a great idea! The egg stays hot enough after cooking to the "main course" to do the cobbler. Tomorrow's my mom's 70th someting BD and I was going to have a cookout with burgers (for the kids) and the cobbler instead of a cake. I'll give that a try tomorrow![p]Smokey Mon