Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Should I ????

Options
Pancakes
Pancakes Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang,

I am heading off to the dealer tomorrow and thinking about making the plunge. I enjoy good quality meats and grilled veggies. I am just now learning how to control the heat on my char broil can grill for smoking ribs, but I really think I should upgrade to the big green egg. Like I said, I enjoy cooking outside and grilling any type of food that can be grilled, so if you guys think I should jump, then please tell. I could use a little push seeing how expensive the system is. Thanks eggheads, I look forward to cooking with you soon.

Pancakes

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    You wouldn't regret it. There is a little learning curve but if you have been grilling you will catch on fast. It is a big expense but when you compare it to the upper end grills it is comparable. One of the many benefits of the Egg is that it will last longer than any other grill on the market. As for support, also better than any grill on the market. Customer service is top notch and this forum can answer any question you have wether it is the Egg it self or how to cook your favorite meal. I have been grilling all my life and got my first Egg last summer. I have been missing out all this time. It is not as fast as lighting the old gasser but the 15-20 min wait is well worth it. I have gotten used to lighting the Egg and now it is no more hassle than the old gasser was. Like I said you will not regret it.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Pancakes wrote:
    Hey Gang,

Should I???

Pancakes

It will be getting as close as you can to BBQ Heaven without dieing.

In more simple terms - YES!!

GG
  • Smoked-Moon
    Options
    If you even have to think about it you realize the answer is yes!

Look at you; you're on Egghead.com asking if you should buy an egg?!?!

I hope you enjoy your first overnight egg smoke as much as I did.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    It's not a question of should you or shouldn't you - it's a question of; WHY HAVE YOU WAITED SO LONG? oops -sorry for shouting.

Geauxgitchewone and smokeupdahood.

Soon you will have all sorts of new friends - especially if you attend an eggfest.

Good luck and enjoy.
  • Reb
    Reb Posts: 74
    Options
    Absolutely! One of the best things I've ever done.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    A. you are registerd on the forum already,,so the real question you should be asking is "what size egg should i get for my second egg!

B. once past the small learning curve there is no comparison between egged and gassed food. with out the ceramic mass you just blow too many btus out the stainless or aluminum lid of a gas grill and it dries your food.

C.egg is a grill, smoker, pizza oven, regular oven you name it if you can cook it you can cook it on an egg.

D. when i look back on the $$$ i spent on gassers and weebbers over the years, and given the life time warranty the egg is really not expensive.

my biggest regret is not having purchased years before. i delayed as i thought it would take too long to heat up to be useful on weeknights.. my oven got used for the fist time in months yesterday.. the neighbor lady used it B)
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Just joking.
    You have no choice now. You joined the forum and you are now officially a "newbie". Welcome to the club!
    Get your BGE and get going! You'll wonder why you waited so long.